These Easy Zucchini Muffins really are the BEST! They’re moist, fluffy, and loaded with optional chocolate chips and pecans! They’re perfect for breakfast, snacks, and bonus: they freeze great!
What better way to celebrate zucchini season than with the BEST easy zucchini muffins?! Personally, I can’t think of a better way. 😉 These zucchini muffins are quick, easy, and loaded with all sorts of yummy muffin goodies like cozy brown sugar and optional chocolate chips.
While these muffins are g.r.e.a.t. for breakfast, they’re are also delicious enough for dessert and after school snacks! They’re wonderful served at room temperature, but they’re also incredible warmed up in the microwave . . . with a side of melty butter . . . ummmm HEAVEN.
Whether you mix in the optional chocolate chips and pecans, warm ’em up in the microwave, or devour them at room temperature, I promise you, you’re gonna LOVE ’em.
I feel like everyone is officially back to school, is that right? Hopefully you’ve all had a smooth transition and are feeling back in the swing of things!
These easy zucchini muffins are perfect for this time of year! They’re amazing for on the go breakfasts or after school snacks and BONUS these muffins freeze GREAT.
How to Make the Best Easy Zucchini Muffins:
Making the best zucchini muffins requires using the BEST ingredients.
- Sugar: granulated sugar and brown sugar
- Baking soda and baking powder
Mix the butter, oil, eggs, sugars, and vanilla together in a large bowl, then fold in the dry ingredients! Scoop the batter into a muffin tin and bake!
Zucchini Muffins Mix-Ins:
While I list these mix-ins as “optional”, I highly recommend using:
- Chopped pecans
- You could also try walnuts or another nut, if desired!
- I love the texture and crunch the chopped pecans give these.
- Chocolate chips
- I LOVE dark chocolate, but you could use milk or semi-sweet!
- Chocolate makes everything better and this recipe is no exception. 😉
What other mix-ins do you think would be delicious? Let me know in the comments below!
Grating Zucchini for Muffins and Other Tips for Making Muffins:
- Grate your zucchini with a box cheese grater!
- You DON’T need to peel the zucchini.
- You DON’T need to squeeze the moisture from the zucchini. Some recipes call for that, but I’ve made these muffins numerous times, have never squeezed the liquid from the zucchini, and they never come out too moist.
- Use melted butter and oil. Melted butter for flavor and oil for moisture!
- Spoon and level your flour. What does this mean? Use a spoon to spoon the flour into your measuring cup, then use a knife to level it off!
- Don’t over mix or over bake. Both of these would lead to a dry muffin.
How long do zucchini muffins last? Storing Muffins:
Because these zucchini muffins are so moist, they only last about 1 week at room temperature. They won’t last that long anyway. 😉 If you’d like, you can store completely cooled muffins in a ziplock baggie in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To reheat: warm in the microwave for 30-60 seconds or until thawed.
I don’t recommend storing these in the fridge, because refrigeration tends to dry out baked goods.
Other Zucchini Recipes You May Enjoy:
As you can see these easy zucchini muffins are SO quick and easy to make. I LOVE the fluffy, yet moist texture these muffins have and you can’t go wrong with the flavors from the creamy butter, cozy cinnamon, and sweet brown sugar!
Tell me a better muffin recipe.
I dare you. 😉
Do you need more zucchini recipes? More muffin recipes? Show Me the Yummy!
Easy Zucchini Muffins
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour spooned and leveled
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups grated zucchini not drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans optional but recommended
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips optional but recommended
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and grease 2 (12 slot) muffin tins with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter, oil, eggs, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Add in flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Use a spatula to fold the ingredients together until the batter *starts* to combine. DON’T overmix.
- Fold in zucchini, pecans, and chocolate chips.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop batter into prepared muffin tins.
- Baking one tin at a time, bake for 5 minutes in preheated oven, then lower heat to 325 degrees F (keeping the muffins in the oven) and bake for an additional 10-20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Repeat with the other muffin tin.
*Note: Nutritional information is estimated and varies based on products used.