This Antipasto Chicken Salad Recipe only takes 10 minutes to put together and is full of all your favorite antipasto ingredients: pepperoni, mozzarella, basil, roasted red peppers, and more!
With all the dreary weather we’ve been having lately, I’ve been seriously craving really vibrant foods. Gimme all the smoothies, smoothie bowls, and outrageously colorful salads like this Antipasto Chicken Salad Recipe.
If the skies are grey, you better believe my food will make up for it.
Not only is this Antipasto Chicken Salad super colorful, it’s also crazy full of great texture and flavors, which is the only way you’ll get me raving about a salad.
And I am.
I’m absolutely RAVING about this salad.
It’s fresh. It’s bright. It’s healthy. And guess what? It comes together in like 10 minutes.
I’m particularly excited about today’s recipe, because I’m sharing it from Lexi’s new cookbook: Lexi’s Clean Kitchen: 150 Delicious Paleo-Friendly Recipes to Nourish Your Life.
Did you SEE that?! 👆
Not only does her book contain the ah-mazing recipe for this Antipasto Chicken Salad, it also has 149 other paleo friendly recipes, allergy and special diet labels (including dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, and vegan), an ingredients and pantry staples guide, and more!
But most importantly.
It contains this Antipasto Chicken Salad Recipe.
It’s vibrant, it’s full of texture, and *bonus!* it’s super quick and easy to make.
There are just a few parts in today’s recipe:
The Base: roughly chopped lettuce. Done! I used romaine and it was deee-lish.
The Antipasto Deliciousness: roasted red peppers, tomatoes, red onions, pepperoni (I used turkey pepperoni), salami, mozzarella, and basil.
The Chicken: cooked chicken. The actual recipe calls for Lexi’s grilled chicken, but I used store bought rotisserie, because #lazygirlprobs (if you want to use HER recipe you can find it on page 162 of her cookbook).
The Dressing: oil, balsamic, fresh basil, Italian seasoning <– oh. heck. yes.
Basically all you need to do is chop up all the antipasto ingredients and chicken, whisk together the dressing, and throw everything into a bowl.
Healthy eating made easy.
Have you made anything from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen? What’s your favorite recipe? Show Me the Yummy!
- 4-6 cups roughly chopped lettuce
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 cup roughly chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pepperoni I used turkey pepperoni
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped salami
- 3/4 pounds cooked chicken I used rotisserie, the original recipe calls for grilled chicken
- 1 cup cubed fresh mozzarella cheese optional
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- fresh basil leaves for garnish
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Arrange the salad: divide the lettuce between two plates. Top with peppers, tomatoes, onions, pepperoni, salami, chicken, and optional fresh mozzarella.
- Sprinkle the Italian seasoning on top and garnish with fresh basil.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Pour over the salad and serve immediately.
Recipe printed with permission from Lexi's Clean Kitchen: 150 Delicious Paleo-Friendly Recipes to Nourish Your Life.
* This post contains affiliate links. We receive a commission on purchases made via these links. The price you pay is not affected by using them.