This Hot Chocolate Cheesecake Dip Recipe only requires 6 ingredients and 10 minutes of prep! Full of cream cheese, yogurt, marshmallow creme, hot cocoa mix, cool whip, and marshmallow bits! Serve with cookies, pretzels, fruit, and more!
Because February calls for all things cozy and delicious to get us through the home stretch of winter.
AND my birthday is right around the corner . . .
My birthday is tomorrow. 😉
We need to celebrate.
Have you ever made a dessert dip before?
Because if not, I’m not gonna lie, you’ve kiiiiiind of been missing out.
I love dessert dips in general, because
- Um. They’re delish.
- The vessel possibilities are literally endless. Pretzels, fruit, cookies (homemade or store bought)? Yes. Yes. YESSSSSS.
I love THIS hot chocolate cheesecake dip in particular, because
- It’s from Jocelyn’s (aka the QUEEN of cheesecake) cookbook, Cheesecake Love: Inventive, Irresistible, and Super-Easy Cheesecake Desserts for Every Day
- It’s dip form of my favorite cozy winter treat: hot cocoa
- It’s QUICK & EASY
- It’s the perfect combination of tangy (what you want in a cheesecake) and ultra chocolatey and sweet (what you want in hot cocoa)
So what are we waiting for?!
Let’s make some hot chocolate cheesecake dip!
I actually have my friend Steph to thank for introducing me to dessert dips. SHE is queen of easy dips (both sweet and savory). Because of this, when I saw “Hot Chocolate Dip” listed in Jocelyn’s book, I KNEW that’s what I needed to make.
It was a really hard decision, because I literally want to make every single recipe in her book.
But for today, we’re making hot chocolate cheesecake dip and I’m not mad about it one bit. 😉
Today’s recipe starts with cream cheese, as all good recipes do. 😉
Once the cream cheese is creamy, you’ll beat in plain greek yogurt and marshmallow creme (OMG).
Next, the main event: instant dark hot cocoa mix.
Add that in and again, beat until creamy.
Lastly, you’ll fold in cool whip. This makes the hot chocolate cheesecake dip suuuuuper fluffy. If you don’t like cool whip, I’m sure fresh whipped cream would be delicious too! But I personally LOVE using cool whip, because helllllooooo Show Me the Yummy: “Easy Recipes for Yummy Food”.
That’s it, you guys.
It’s ready to serve.
Place the dip into a serving bowl, top it with more cool whip, and sprinkle on some mini marshmallow bits.
Because. Let’s be real. The marshmallows are the best part of hot chocolate! 😉
Now. Let’s talk vessels aka the stuff you use to scoop up the yummy deliciousness that is this hot chocolate cheesecake dip:
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Oreos (my fave)
- Marshmallows, because why not?!
- Vanilla wafers
- Strawberries (SO good)
- Any other ideas? I’d love to hear!
While this hot chocolate cheesecake dip is AWESOME for celebrating or taking to a party, it’s also easy enough for a great during the week treat.
Tangy, chocolatey, sweet.
Heaven in dip form.
So let’s all say “THANKS!!!!” to Jocelyn for bringing this hot chocolate cheesecake dip into our lives. 🙂
Hot Chocolate Cheesecake Dip
Equipment for this recipe
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt room temperature
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 cup instant dark hot cocoa mix
- 3/4 cup Cool Whip thawed in the fridge
- 1 tablespoon mini marshmallow bits
- Cookies and fruit for serving
- Beat the cream cheese until creamy. Add the yogurt and marshmallow creme and beat until smooth.
- Add the cocoa mix and beat until creamy.
- Fold in 1/2 cup of the Cool Whip gently with a rubber spatula.
- Spoon the cheesecake dip into a serving bowl. Top it with the remaining 1/4 cup Cool Whip and the mini marshmallow bits.
- Serve the dip with an assortment or cookies and fruit.
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.