This Funfetti Dip tastes like cake batter, but is made without cake mix! Loaded with sprinkles, this light and fluffy dip is the perfect party dessert!
When I was testing this recipe, I combined butter, cream cheese, pudding mix, vanilla, and almond extract in a bowl…then I almost stopped there…but I’m SO glad I didn’t.
I thought maybe the dip was a little bit too thick so I decided to stir in an entire tub of cool whip…obviously. 😉 Then I finished it off with a ton of sprinkles. And this magical dessert dip was born!
This funfetti cake batter dip is perfectly sweet, oh-so-fluffy, and ultra-creamy. Serve it up with some nilla wafers and it’s a cake batter lovers dream come true!
This combination of ingredients makes the lightest, fluffiest, sweetest, creamiest dessert dip of all time!
- Butter and Cream Cheese – the base of the dip. Provide a creamy texture and buttery, yet tangy taste.
- Sugar – cuts the rich butter and tangy cream cheese with sweetness.
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix – adds the vanilla cake flavor.
- Vanilla Extract and Almond Extract – adds to the vanilla cake flavor, especially the almond extract!
- Salt – cuts the sweetness from the sugar and pudding mix.
- Sprinkles – because what’s funfetti without a TON of sprinkles? 😉
- Cool Whip – makes it extra light and fluffy.
- Nilla Wafers – for serving.
How to make
Sweet treats don’t get any easier than this!
- Use a hand-mixer to beat together butter and cream cheese.
- Add in sugar, pudding mix, vanilla and almond extract, and salt.
- Beat in sprinkles.
- Fold in cool whip until well combined then serve and enjoy!
Can you use homemade whipped cream?
I don’t recommend using homemade whipped cream in this dip, because it will likely deflate. If you’re absolutely against using store-bought cool whip, try making your own homemade cool whip instead.
Cool whip holds up better than whipped cream, because of the stabilizers, so I highly recommend following the recipe as directed. Even if you think you don’t like cool whip, you can’t really taste it in this dip, but it provides a necessary fluffy texture.
I LOVE this funfetti cake batter dip as-is, but if you want to switch it up here are some possible variations!
- Other flavors. Try my hot chocolate cheesecake dip or chocolate chip cookie dough dip.
- Additional Mix-Ins. Crushed oreos, chocolate chips, white chocolate chunks, etc.
What to serve with funfetti dip
- Cookies. Nilla wafers, golden Oreos, etc.
- Crackers. Graham crackers, animal crackers, or pretzels.
- Fruit. Strawberries, apple slices, pineapple, or grapes.
You can also just eat it by the spoonful which is often my preferred method. 😉
How to store
Store any leftover cake dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Funfetti Cake Batter Dip Recipe
Equipment for this recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract optional, but delicious
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- 1 (8 oz) tub Cool Whip could use equal parts whipped cream instead
- Nilla Wafers for dipping
- Using your hand mixer, beat together butter and cream cheese in a large bowl.
- Once fluffy, beat in sugar, pudding mix, vanilla, almond extract, and salt.
- Once combined, slowly beat in sprinkles.
- Fold in cool whip until combined.
- Serve with 'nilla wafer cookies!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.
This post was originally published August 28, 2017 and has been updated to provide more detailed content.