These festive Halloween Monster Eye Walnut Cookies are SO cute and perfect for Halloween! A quick and easy cookie loaded with maple syrup, walnuts, mini m&ms, and candy eyeballs!
Today’s post is sponsored by the California Walnut Board.
If you love this treat for Halloween, you might also like these leftover Halloween candy recipes!
Hi, my name is Jennifer, and I am not good at making cute things.
Usually I try making cute things (think: all the crafty things on Pinterest) and they end up as epic fails. Let’s just say it’s not my forté.
Point being, if I can make these adorable little Halloween monster eye walnut cookies, YOU can make these these adorable little Halloween monster eye walnut cookies, too. 😉
Not only are these cookies super cute, they’re super chewy, they’re loaded with California Walnuts, chocolate candies, maple syrup, and of course, they’re super yummy.
Who’s ready to make some festive eyeball cookies?!
These cookies are quick, easy, and only have 10 ingredients. So let’s get started!
Ingredients in halloween monster cookies:
- Brown sugar
- Egg yolk
- Maple syrup <– makes these extra chewy and cozy
- Baking soda
- California Walnuts <– good fats and added crunch thank you very much! (*One ounce of walnuts has 18g total fat, 2.5g monounsaturated fat, 13g polyunsaturated fat – including 2.5g omega-3 ALA.)
- Mini m&ms
- Candy eyeballs <– makes these adorable and festive, of course
How do you make halloween monster eye walnut cookies?
I promised you once and I’ll promise you again, these cookies are crazy easy:
- Using your hand mixer (or stand mixer), cream together butter, brown sugar, and an egg yolk
- Beat in maple syrup
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt until well combined
- Beat in California Walnuts and mini m&ms
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop the dough onto a silicone mat lined baking sheet
- Gently press candy eyeballs into the tops of the dough balls (you can use as few or as many as you like!)
- Add more candy eyeballs, if desired (I did this to make them prettier, as it’s hard to tell before baking where the eyes are going to end up as the cookies spread)
These cookies are easy to make and even easier to eat!
SO chewy and packed with cozy flavors (helllooo brown sugar and maple syrup) . . . and I mean, you can’t go wrong with crunchy walnuts and melty chocolate!
Plus, these would be SO perfect for a Halloween party or even trick-or-treaters if you don’t have too many!
EYE’LL be watching to see if you make them . . .
See what I did there. 😉
Halloween Monster Eye Walnut Cookies
Equipment for this recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup California Walnuts
- 1/2 cup mini m&ms
- Candy eyeballs to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheets with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Set aside.*
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar, and egg yolk until fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Beat in maple syrup until well combined.
- Add in flour, baking soda, and salt. Beat together until fully combined.
- Stir in California Walnuts and mini m&ms.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop 6 cookies onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Gently press the candy eyeballs on top of the cookie dough.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until cookies are cooked to your liking.
- Gently press more candy eyeballs into the baked cookies, if desired.
- Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.
Thanks again to our friends at the California Walnut Board for sponsoring today’s post!