These Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are basically double chocolate cookies rolled in powdered sugar. What’s not to love?! Easy. Fudge-y. Delicious! No chilling the dough!
Either way, these chocolate crinkle cookies are comin’ at ya! 😉
I just LOVE this time of year.
The first time I tested this recipe, I texted a picture to my sister, Megan, and asked her if she used to like these cookies growing up.
She immediately responded with:
YES OMG WHAT THOSE ARE MY FAVE. send them 2 me now pls
While I can’t actually send her any of these chocolate crinkle cookies (sorry, I ate them all already 😉 ), I CAN dedicate this post to her.
This one’s for you! 😉
If you’ve never had a chocolate crinkle cookie, well, we’re going to change that today, because you’ve SERIOUSLY been missing out.
Chocolate crinkle cookies are basically double chocolate cookies that have been rolled in powdered sugar . . .
they’re also know as . . .
. . . heaven. 😉
They’re fudge-y, chocolate-y, rich, and yep, you guessed it, SO easy to make.
Then you’ll mix in some vanilla extract and an egg.
Next, you’ll mix in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt until it’s well combined.
Lastly, add in some semi-sweet mini chocolate chips. I like using those, so you get chocolate in every.single.bite.
You’ll scoop up the dough using a cookie scoop then roll it in powdered sugar. Don’t be stingy! Like I actually fully submerge each cookie dough ball in a bowl of powdered sugar and never shake off the excess. 🙂
Now all that’s left to do is bake!
The result is a warm, thin (but not crunchy), ultra fudge-y, extra chocolatey chocolate crinkle cookie. 🙂
The posted recipe makes 16 large cookies . . . I say make a couple batches, so you can save one batch for you and give one away to a friend (or sister 😉 ).
What’s YOUR favorite holiday cookie? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar
placed into a large bowl for dunking
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in vanilla and egg and mix until just combined, about 30 seconds.
- Add in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Use a 1.5 oz cookie scoop to scoop the dough into uniform balls.
- Dunk each in powdered sugar (make sure it’s fully coated).
- Bake 8 at a time (these do spread a bit) in preheated oven for about 9-11 minutes.
- Cool for 2 minutes before transferring onto a cooling rack.
Trevor likes these at room temperature, but I like these warm either fresh out of the oven or warmed in the microwave!
* This post contains affiliate links. We receive a commission on purchases made via these links. The price you pay is not affected by using them.