This Edible Cookie Dough Recipe is safe to eat raw! There’s no flour, we use ground oats instead, & has no eggs! Edible cookie dough for the win!
Edible Cookie Dough Recipe comin’ at ya!
This is everything I’ve ever dreamed of and I know you have a lot of questions…
Can you eat raw cookie dough?
Most store-bought brands? Nope!
So what’s a girl to do?
I wanted a cookie dough that I could safely eat, without worrying about getting sick. Although, if I’m being really honest, I’ll probably still eat the unsafe cookie dough. 😉
Is it safe to eat raw flour?
No! It’s unsafe to eat raw flour due to harmful bacteria.
Somebody out there is trying to ruin my life.
Why can’t a girl just eat some raw cookie dough without worrying about getting sick?!
Well ladies (and gentlemen), I have found the solution.
Not only is this an eggless Edible Cookie Dough Recipe, it’s also flourless!
I was super bummed when I found out that it was unsafe to eat raw flour.
Now, while I don’t really care…I’ll risk it 😉 , I figure there are people out there who would enjoy a recipe for cookie dough that’s completely safe to eat.
I was at a complete loss.
How to make edible cookie dough without flour?
I realized that you can turn oatmeal into flour, by simply pulsing it into a fine flour with a food processor.
I did a ton of research and haven’t found anything that says you can’t eat raw oatmeal.
If someone out there claims you can’t…please don’t tell me. 😉
Basically, I replaced the “unsafe flour” with homemade oat flour. #winning
I based this edible cookie dough recipe off of my chewy chocolate chip cookies.
What are the ingredients in edible cookie dough?
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Homemade oat flour
- Chocolate chips
The taste of this cookie dough is spot on. It tastes like really good cookie dough. Sugar-y, buttery, vanilla-y, chocolate-y. ‘Nough said.
The texture of this cookie dough is ahhhh-mazing, if I do say so myself.
I’ll be honest, it’s not going to be as smooth as a normal cookie dough. There’s a bit of “grittiness” – in a really good way – to the dough.
This comes from the sugars and the oat flour.
It’s definitely a heartier, but I actually really enjoy it. There’s something completely satisfying about it.
How to make edible cookie dough?
- Cream together (I love this hand mixer):
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- a little milk
- Once fluffy, beat in:
- homemade oat flour (measure out old fashioned oats and pulsed them in a food processor)
- Once that’s combined, stir in chocolate chips
- Use whatever you have on hand. I always have semi-sweet, but feel free to mix it up and use dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or go crazy and use a combination of both!
- And now? The best part…we’re done!
This edible cookie dough recipe will surely satisfy any cookie dough craving and is great for those days you don’t want to be a rebel and eat cookie dough safely. 😉
Do you want more edible cookie dough recipes? Show Me the Yummy!
This Edible Cookie Dough Recipe is eggless and safe to eat raw! There's no flour, we use homemade oat flour instead, & is free of eggs! Edible cookie dough for the win!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup homemade oat flour directions below (you'll need about 2 cups old fashioned oats)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cups chocolate chips
- Cream together softened butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and milk until fluffy, about 60 seconds.
- Beat in oat flour and salt.
- Once combined, stir in chocolate chips.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge, covered, for later!
Homemade Oat Flour:
- Place about 2 cups old fashioned oats in food processor.
- Process until it resembles fine flour.
- Measure out 1 and 1/2 cups and proceed with recipe above!
*If you're gluten free, make sure your oats are, too!
I say there are 12 servings, because this makes about 12 "cookies".