If you love fluffy, soft, dense, gooey cookies, then this Fluffy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe with toasted pecans and two kinds of chocolate is for you!
A. Gigantic, fluffy, dense chocolate chip cookies that kiiiiinda of remind you of ridiculously soft and dense scones.
B. TWO kinds of chocolate in your cookies: dark & semi-sweet <– yes. please. Is that even a real question, Jennifer?
C. Fun, secret ingredient mix-ins like a dash of cinnamon, a bit of almond extract, and pinch of cornstarch for extra fluffy cookies.
D. Cookies the size of your face.
If you want something a little smaller, be sure to check out my double chocolate chip cookie recipe, but I seriously think you should stick around to hear more about the awesomeness that is these fluffy cookies.
Fluffy Chocolate Chip Cookies that are the size of your head, fresh outta the oven, with a side of ice cold milk?
We’re back! Did you catch that video up there? 👆
With all the crazy things going on in our lives, keeping up with the blog, Trevor starting The Blog Village (read more about that here), and more, we’d decided to take a step back from our “normal” videos and have some fun with “high speed” videos instead. They take a lot less prep and let’s be real, I didn’t need to do my hair and make up for those. 😉 #lazygirlproblems
Now that we’re getting back into a rhythm. . . ish, we’re going to try doing two of each every month, so stayed tuned, and I hope you all are enjoying both types of videos, because we’re having a b.l.a.s.t. making them. 🙂
But on to those cookies!
Let me say it again: Fluffy Chocolate Chip Cookies.
These Fluffy Chocolate Chip Cookies are magical. These cookies will make a bad day, better, and will make a good day, outta this world amazing.
Seriously. I mean, what’s not to love about a cookie that’s the size of your face?
Ahhh. It makes me happy just thinking about them.
I should mention that they’re a cinch to make as well and as with most cookie recipes, we’re gonna start by creaming some butter.
Here’s the deal. Usually I like to use melted butter, because I’m too impatient to wait for butter to come to room temperature, plus it makes for a nice chewy cookie. Today, however, we’re doing just the opposite, and using COLD butter. This is great for two reasons:
#1: You still don’t have to wait to let the butter come to room temperature. #score
#2: It makes for a really fluffy cookie. #scorenumbertwo
Once the butter has creamed, two types of sugar get added in, then eggs, vanilla, and almond extract. Lastly, we add the dry ingredients: flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon <– this makes them extra cozy. Oh, and then the best part. The mix-ins!
Semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Dark chocolate chips.
Oh heck yes!
Bake ’em until they’re fluffy and golden, and you’ve just made yourself the BEST Fluffy Chocolate Chip Cookies.
These are best right outta the oven, but are also great a few days later after you microwave them.
These Fluffy Chocolate Chip Cookies are thick, dense, so soft and fluffy, full of melty chocolate, and get just a little crunch from the pecans.
PS – I still use these silicone mats, and I still ♡ them.
Fluffy/dense or chewy chocolate chip cookies? Show me the yummy!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 - 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs cold
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter cold and cut into cubes, 2 sticks
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans toasted*
- Line two rimmed baking sheets with silicone mats. Set aside.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a large bowl: flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together eggs, vanilla, and almond extract. Set aside.
- In your stand mixer, cream cold butter until fluffy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Beat for an additional 2 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides of your bowl.
- Pour in egg mixture and mix until just combined.
- Add flour mixture 1/3 at a time until well combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Stir in both chocolate chips and pecans.
- Using about 1/3 cup, scoop out dough and form 12 cookie balls.
- Place 6 on one baking sheet and 6 on the other.
- Place in fridge and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and bake for 18-22 minutes, or until golden brown.**
- Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack and serve!
- This are best served fresh out of the oven, but microwaved warm is delicious as well!
*To toast your pecans: Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. On an unlined baking sheet, spread pecans in an even layer. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool.
** It's really important to not over bake these! I find that 19 minutes is perfect for my oven.