If you love fluffy, soft, dense, gooey cookies, then this Fluffy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe with toasted pecans and two kinds of chocolate is for you!
- Gigantic, fluffy, dense chocolate chip cookies that kiiiiinda of remind you of ridiculously soft and dense scones.
- TWO kinds of chocolate in your cookies: dark & semi-sweet <– yes. please. Is that even a real question, Jennifer?
- Fun, secret ingredient mix-ins like a dash of cinnamon, a bit of almond extract, and pinch of cornstarch for extra fluffy cookies.
- Cookies the size of your face.
If you want something a little smaller, be sure to check out my double chocolate chip cookie recipe, but I seriously think you should stick around to hear more about the awesomeness that is these fluffy cookies.
Fluffy Chocolate Chip Cookies that are the size of your head, fresh outta the oven, with a side of ice cold milk?
Let me say it again: Fluffy Chocolate Chip Cookies.
These Fluffy Chocolate Chip Cookies are magical. These cookies will make a bad day, better, and will make a good day, outta this world amazing.
Seriously. I mean, what’s not to love about a cookie that’s the size of your face?
Ahhh. It makes me happy just thinking about them.
I should mention that they’re a cinch to make as well.
How do I make soft and cakey, thick, fluffy chocolate chip cookies?
As with most cookie recipes, we’re gonna start by creaming some butter.
Here’s the deal.
Usually I like to use melted butter, because I’m too impatient to wait for butter to come to room temperature, plus it makes for a nice chewy cookie.
Today, however, we’re doing just the opposite, and using COLD butter. This is great for two reasons:
- You still don’t have to wait to let the butter come to room temperature. #score
- It makes for a really fluffy cookie. #scorenumbertwo
Once the butter has creamed, two types of sugar get added in, then eggs, vanilla, and almond extract.
Lastly, we add the dry ingredients: flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon <– this makes them extra cozy.
Oh, and then the best part. The mix-ins!
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Dark chocolate chips.
- Toasted pecans.
Oh heck yes!
Bake ’em until they’re fluffy and golden, and you’ve just made yourself the BEST Fluffy Chocolate Chip Cookies.
These are best right outta the oven, but are also great a few days later after you microwave them.
Now. Here are some common questions I get, because as we all know, baking can be tricky, so I’m here to help you troubleshoot if you’re having any issues (although, I don’t think you will, because these are SO easy to make).
Why are my cookies flat and greasy?
You really shouldn’t have this problem, but if you did . . .
- Did you use cold butter? Melted butter will make these spread and could cause them to be greasy. Did you use too much butter?
- Did you use enough flour?
Why did my chocolate chip cookies come out flat?
- Did you chill the dough?
- Did you use enough brown sugar?
- See question above for more troubleshooting. 🙂
How do you know when a chocolate chip cookie is done?
They should be golden brown and delicious! 😉 The top, bottom, and edges should be firm and golden, but the inside will still be nice and soft.
These Fluffy Chocolate Chip Cookies are thick, dense, so soft and fluffy, full of melty chocolate, and get just a little crunch from the pecans.
PS – I still use these silicone mats, and I still ♡ them.
Fluffy/dense or chewy chocolate chip cookies? Show me the yummy!
Fluffy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs cold
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter cold and cut into cubes, 2 sticks
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans toasted*
- Line two rimmed baking sheets with silicone mats. Set aside.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a large bowl: flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together eggs, vanilla, and almond extract. Set aside.
- In your stand mixer, cream cold butter until fluffy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Beat for an additional 2 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides of your bowl.
- Pour in egg mixture and mix until just combined.
- Add flour mixture 1/3 at a time until well combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Stir in both chocolate chips and pecans.
- Using about 1/3 cup, scoop out dough and form 12 cookie balls.
- Place 6 on one baking sheet and 6 on the other.
- Place in fridge and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and bake for 18-22 minutes, or until golden brown.**
- Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack and serve!
- This are best served fresh out of the oven, but microwaved warm is delicious as well!
**For the cookies: It's really important to not over bake these! I find that 19 minutes is perfect for my oven.
*Note: Nutritional information is estimated and varies based on products used.