This Easy Peanut Sauce Recipe is quick, easy, versatile, and absolutely delicious! Full of all natural peanut butter, seasoned rice vinegar, lime juice, soy sauce, optional fish sauce, sesame oil, sriracha, garlic powder, and ground ginger! Can be vegan/gluten free, if necessary!
Gimme some easy peanut sauce and I’m in heaven.
Just gimme that peanut sauce.
It’s so easy, so versatile, and oh yeah, most importantly, so delicious!
What are the ingredients in healthy thai peanut sauce?
- All natural peanut butter – using an all natural, no sugar added, just nuts variety keeps this recipe healthy
- Seasoned rice vinegar – totally not authentic, but I love the flavor and tang
- Lime juice – more tang please! Without it, this peanut sauce would be so rich
- Soy sauce – use a gluten free variety if you’re gluten free
- Fish sauce
- Sesame oil
- Garlic powder – could use “real” garlic, but I’m lazy and I always have garlic powder
- Ground ginger – see notes above on garlic, it’s the same thing here 😉
How do you make a peanut satay dipping sauce?
You can make this peanut sauce a few ways:
- Throw ingredients into a food processor
- Throw ingredients into a bowl and whisk
- Throw ingredients into a mason jar, seal, and shake!
I personally love the mason jar version, because you can shake it and then store it in the same container! Less dirty dishes? Yes please!
Can I make this peanut sauce vegan?
Yes! Simply omit the fish sauce and you’re good to go! You *will* lose some of that yummy Thai flavor, but it’ll still be delicious.
If anyone has a great vegetarian or vegan substitute for fish sauce, let me know in the comments below!
How do I use easy peanut sauce?
I briefly mentioned it above, but here are some of my favorite ways to use peanut sauce:
- Dipping sauce – grill ‘up some chicken and start dippin’
- Pasta sauce – boil some noodles and douse the noodles in sauce
- Pizza sauce – I have a recipe for thai chicken pizzas coming soon! Pictured above.
- Lettuce wraps – I have a ground turkey thai lettuce wraps recipe coming soon! Pictured above.
- Salad dressing – use this thai chicken salad recipe base and drizzle on this peanut sauce
As you can see, this easy peanut sauce recipe is SO easy, SO versatile, and pretty darn healthy!
What’s not to love?
What would YOU use this peanut sauce for? I’ll make a recipe for it! Show Me the Yummy!
Easy Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons peanut butter all natural, no sugar added, “just peanuts” variety
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce gluten free variety if necessary
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce omit if vegan/vegetarian
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sriracha more or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and whisk until fully combined.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
- Thin out as necessary with water depending on the recipe you're using the sauce in.
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.