These Chicken and Vegetable Foil Packets are perfect for easy, healthy, weeknight dinners! Full of BBQ chicken, zucchini, carrots, and potatoes!
Today’s post is sponsored by our ah-mazing friends at Stubb’s BBQ. With the help of their BBQ Spice Rub, we’re kicking off grilling season in a bold and flavorful way!
- Raise your hand if you like EASY dinners.
- Raise your hand if you like DELICIOUS dinners.
- Raise your hand if you like LESS MESS dinners.
- Raise your hand if you like HEALTHY dinners.
If you raised your hand to any of the above, you’re gonna love today’s recipe for Chicken and Vegetable Foil Packets.
- These Chicken and Vegetable Foil Packets are easy, because you literally need three main ingredients.
- They’re deeelish, because helloooo kinda spicy and totally yummy BBQ Spice Rub.
- They’re less mess, because we’re wrapping everything in tin foil.
- And they’re healthy, because, um, it’s lean chicken and loads of veggies.
The other cool thing about this recipe is that it can be made on the grill (while it might not feel like spring quite yet, technically, it’s spring, which means, technically it’s grilling season!), OR these can be baked in the oven.
Easy, delicious, less mess, healthy?
Count me in!
Trevor and I really love to grill in the summer.
Last summer Trevor and I probably grilled out 4 times a week.
Everything from kebabs, salmon, tuna, pizza, burgers, chicken sausage… you name it we grilled it, so I’m really excited to add these Chicken and Vegetable Foil Packets into the rotation.
We loved grilling so much that in June, we decided to purchase our own grill (before we’d be using the one in the courtyard of our apartment complex).
Then, at the end of July, Trevor and I decided to move from Seattle to Madison.
Long story short, Trevor and I packed up the moving truck and were doing one last walk through of the apartment when Trevor looks outside and sees our BRAND NEW GRILL sitting there.
And guess what?
There was literally no room.
It had only been used once for this BBQ Chicken Pizza, so, as you can imagine, we were pretty bummed.
It did, however, go to a great home. We called our friend Kevin, who lived just a block away from us. So he came and wheeled it home. I’m sure it was quite the site, seeing a grill being wheeled down a busy Seattle street.
I’ve finally made peace with it and decided, this year, when Stubb’s reached out to us to help them kick off grilling season, I immediately knew I wanted to do that with this Chicken and Vegetable Foil Packets Recipe.
Here’s the lowdown:
How do you make healthy chicken and vegetable foil packets?
- Prep some veggies: red potatoes, yukon gold potatoes, baby carrots, and zucchini.
- Toss them in some olive oil and Stubb’s Bar-B-Q Spice Rub. Set them in some greased tin foil and set aside.
- Now rub your chicken breasts with more of that amazing Stubb’s Bar-B-Q Spice Rub and place the chicken on top of the veggies.
- Wrap ’em up and pop ’em in the oven or on the grill and cook until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is perfectly cooked.
I mean. Could that BE any easier? 😉
The ingredient list is so simple, but I’m telling you, so ridiculously full of flavor, thanks to the spice rub.
And here’s the cool thing, Stubb’s products are crazy flavorful from REAL ingredients. They contain no artificial flavors/colors/sweeteners OR high fructose corn syrup, which is often the #1 ingredient in most national BBQ sauce brands.
Can I get a “woot woot” for that? Because I don’t know about you, because I seriously ♡ BBQ in the summer, so I’m glad that I can eat all I want without the fear of eating artificial ingredients!
Now, this recipe is a liiiiiitle spicy from the black pepper in the spice rub, so keep that in mind when you’re making it. Also, I’d highly recommend serving this with a dipping sauce. More specifically, Stubb’s Sticky Sweet Barbeque Sauce <– seriously amazing.
Easy, hardly any dirty dishes, healthy, and packed with flavor, these Chicken and Vegetable Foil Packets are the perfect weeknight dinner!
What’s your favorite way to kick off BBQ/Grilling Season? Show me the yummy!
Chicken and Vegetable Foil Packets Recipe
- 2 (8 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts*
- 2 small red potatoes cubed*
- 2 small yukon gold potatoes cubed*
- 1 cup baby carrots sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 zucchini sliced into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 4 tablespoons Stubb’s Bar-B-Q Spice Rub divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Rub each chicken breast with one tablespoon spice rub each. Set aside.
- Prep veggies and toss with olive oil and two tablespoons spice rub.
- Grab two large sheets of tin foil.
- On each sheet, lay down half the veggies.
- Top each with one chicken breast.
- Loosely wrap, making sure that it's sealed completely.
- Grab two more sheets of tin foil.
- Seam side down, place the wrapped packets on another piece of foil and wrap again.
- Preheat grill for 10 minutes at medium high.**
- Grill with the lid closed, rotating every five minutes and flipping halfway through, for about 25 minutes, or until chicken breasts are cooked and vegetables are tender.
- Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with BBQ sauce and enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place packets on an unlined baking sheet and bake for 35-50 minutes.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving with BBQ sauce!
**My grill at medium-high is around 450-500. Just keep that in mind for cook time. 🙂
The spice rub is a little on the spicy side from the black pepper. Keep that in mind when you're making this. 🙂
*Note: Nutritional information is estimated and varies based on products used.
Thanks again to Stubb’s BBQ for sponsoring today’s post! We’re seriously obsessed with all their products.