This Broccoli Cheddar Quiche is creamy, fluffy, buttery, and absolutely packed with flavor. Bonus: it’s quick, easy, and can be frozen!
What is broccoli quiche made of?
Broccoli quiche has a pie crust base that is then filled with cooked bacon, onion, broccoli, garlic, half-and-half, eggs, and cheese!
Should vegetables be cooked before putting in quiche?
It depends on what vegetables are being used and personal preference, but for this quiche, it’s recommended to cook all the vegetables first. Onion, broccoli, and garlic are sautéed in a little bacon grease (or butter) until tender before adding them to the remaining quiche ingredients and baking!
What is a good cheese for quiche?
You can use any cheese you’d like, but since this is a broccoli cheddar quiche, I’d recommend using your favorite cheddar! White cheddar, yellow cheddar, sharp cheddar, mild cheddar…doesn’t matter!
What to serve with broccoli cheddar quiche
This quiche is hearty enough to be a standalone dish, but if you’d like to bulk it up, I love serving quiche next to a light salad, potatoes, and maybe a pastry!
How to store
Baked and cooled quiche will last in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To enjoy again, thaw overnight in the fridge, if frozen, then eat cold, room temperature, or warmed in the oven or microwave!
To freeze unbaked, make as directed on the baking sheet, then place in the freezer and freeze until solid. Transfer to a freezer safe ziplock baggie and keep in the freezer for up to 1 month. Cook from frozen, adding an additional 10 minutes to the bake time.
Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
Equipment for this recipe
- 1 (8 oz) package thick-cut bacon about 7 slices, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 cups roughly chopped broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper divided
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (8 oz) block sharp cheddar cheese shredded*
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish frozen pie crust prepared according to package directions**
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and get out a rimmed baking sheet. Set aside.
- Place bacon in a large sauté pan, then cook over medium heat until crispy.
- Remove bacon and drain on a paper towel, but leave the grease.
- To the hot grease, add in onion, broccoli, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Cook, stirring regularly, for 5 minutes, or until the broccoli and onion start to soften. Drain any excess grease or liquid and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together half-and-half, eggs, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Whisk in bacon, veggie mixture, cheddar cheese, and parmesan until combined. Set aside.
- Place frozen pie crust onto the baking sheet and pour in the filling.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cover the quiche for last 10 minutes of bake time if the crust is getting too brown.
- Let stand 10 minutes, then cut and serve!
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.