Slightly crispy exterior with perfectly fluffy centers, and smothered in butter and spices, these Roasted Breakfast Potatoes are quick, EASY, and completely addicting.
They’re easy enough for ANY week morning, but impressive enough for your Sunday brunch gathering . . . and tasty enough to serve to all your neighbors that you invited over on a random Thursday for a gigantic “leftovers for dinner” party.
Is that just me? 😉
Slightly crisp on the outside, ultra fluffy in the center . . . these potatoes have the perfect texture!
They’re also smothered in butter and spices and oh yeah are made on ONE sheet in the OVEN.
Yep. Another sheet pan wonder coming your way today!
Let me back it up for a second though and talk about the “leftovers for dinner” party we had.
So. You guys know. Trevor and I have a food blog. 😉
We make a LOT of food and we work more than we’d like.
But we wouldn’t change it for anything.
One of our goals for 2017 has been to actually take Saturday’s/Sunday’s off so we can enjoy our lives a little bit and relax.
Because of this, I’m batch recipe testing/photographing/filming.
Because of this, earlier this month, at one point, I had leftover:
- Crockpot Mexican Chicken
- Mint Oreo Cream Cheese Ball
- Roasted Breakfast Potatoes
- Healthy Chocolate Banana Muffins (coming Friday!)
- Pesto Pasta Salad (coming soon!)
Obviously, that’s a LOT of food. While Trevor and I truly do WANT to eat all of the above deliciousness, we just can’t keep up.
The result? Leftovers for Dinner Parties!
The neighbors all loved the recipes, but I think these Roasted Breakfast Potatoes really stood out.
Which, letmetellyou, is awesome, because this recipe is crazy easy.
Simply dice some potatoes – I used tri colored petit potatoes and sweet potatoes – red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and yellow onion.
Toss the above on a baking sheet with melted butter and spices: cayenne pepper, paprika, black pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
Cook the above at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes.
Devour the above and make 25 more batches. 😉
These Roasted Breakfast Potatoes are seriously good. The slightly crispy exterior with perfectly fluffy centers, and the whole smothered in butter and spices situation, make these Roasted Breakfast Potatoes completely addicting.
And don’t forget, minimal prep, quick cook time and hellloooo one sheet wonder!
PS – You could TOTALLY make these vegan, by using your favorite oil or vegan butter. PLUS, these are gluten free, so these are PERFECT for anyone with certain food allergies.
Have you ever had a leftovers for dinner party?! Show Me the Yummy!
- 1 pound potatoes diced or quartered depending on size (I used sweet potatoes and tri colored petit potatoes)
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 small yellow onion diced
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted, use vegan butter if vegan
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- Place potatoes onto baking sheet and toss with melted butter and spices.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Serve and enjoy!