This Air Fryer Broccoli is a flavorful yet versatile side dish. Broccoli florets are tossed with parmesan, olive oil, and seasonings then air fried until crisp-tender.
- Broccoli Florets – make sure the florets you use are uniformly cut so they cook evenly.
- Olive Oil – helps the broccoli get nice and crispy without burning.
- Parmesan Cheese – omit or use a vegan parmesan for a vegan version!
- Garlic – adds a subtle kick of nutty flavor.
- Salt, Pepper, and Onion Powder – a simple trio of seasonings that keep the broccoli versatile but give it so much flavor.
How to make
- Place broccoli florets into a large bowl, drizzle with oil, then sprinkle with parmesan, garlic, salt, pepper, and onion powder. Stir until evenly coated.
- Pour the broccoli into the air fryer preheated to 350ºF.
- Cook for 5-15 minutes, depending how crispy you like your broccoli, then serve and enjoy!
How long to cook broccoli in the air fryer
You can air fry your broccoli for anywhere from 5-15 minutes depending on how crispy you like it. I like mine extra crispy so I usually cook it for the full 15 minutes!
Can you use frozen broccoli?
Yes! In fact, the extra moisture in frozen broccoli can help the broccoli get crisp and tender without burning.
- Cut evenly. Make sure the broccoli florets are uniform in size so they cook evenly.
- Toss thoroughly. Mix the seasonings, oil, and broccoli super well to get the flavor evenly distributed throughout.
- Add water. Try adding a tablespoon of water into the air fryer to prevent burning and help achieve a tender yet crisp texture.
- Cook to your liking. Your cook time can range anywhere from 5-15 minutes. If you prefer softer broccoli, keep the cook time low. If you like yours extra crispy, cook for the full 15!
What to serve with air fryer broccoli
This air fryer broccoli recipe is ultra flavorful but versatile enough that it can be served as a side dish next to a number of different entrees! Here are some ideas:
How to store
Leftover air fryer broccoli will last in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
To reheat, air fry to warm and re-crisp.
Air Fryer Broccoli
Equipment for this recipe
- 1 pound fresh broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Place broccoli florets into a large bowl, drizzle with oil, then sprinkle with parmesan, garlic, salt, pepper, and onion powder, then stir until evenly coated.
- Pour coated broccoli into the preheated air fryer basket and cook for 5-15 minutes*, or until the broccoli is cooked to your liking.
- Taste and re-season, if necessary, then serve immediately and enjoy!
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.