Pre-made biscuits are stuffed with pizza sauce, mozzarella, sausage or pepperoni and smothered in melty butter and your favorite pizza spices to make this gooey and delicious Stuffed Pizza Rolls Recipe!
Don’t feel like making pizza? Make these Stuffed Pizza Rolls instead! Store bought biscuits get stuffed with cheese, pizza sauce, and pepperoni or sausage, and smothered in melty butter and spices, and baked to golden p.e.r.f.e.c.t.i.o.n.
Seriously, I’m drooling just thinking about them, and lucky for me, I still have leftovers in the fridge from the Super Bowl.
Speaking of which, did your favorite team win?! You guys know I’m only into the Super Bowl for the food . . . so you know I was happy just to be snacking on puppy chow, cream cheese salsa dip, and of course, these stuffed pizza rolls.
All your favorite pizza flavors stuffed in a convenient little biscuit?
Count. Me. In.
Now that football is over, do you guys do the whole March Madness thing? Again. I do, but only because I know I get to snack on the best snack-y things like these stuffed pizza rolls. I’m happiest during football and basketball season, because snacks are literally my favorite thing on earth.
I have some more snack-y type things for March Madness, so stayed tuned!
But for now. Let’s talk pizza rolls, shall we?
We’re making stuffed pizza rolls not one way, but TWO ways.
These start with a base of Pillsbury Grands Biscuits. Seriously. Why do these biscuits taste like heaven? Eat ’em plain, have ’em as biscuits and gravy, or stuff ’em with pizza things. So good.
All you need to do is flatten the biscuit on a clean work surface.
Then add a little sauce and a cube of mozzarella.
NOW. You have a choice to make. You could add in some pepperoni or cooked sausage.
Personally, I did half and half, because I can never make up my mind.
I suggest you do the same. 😉
Once the biscuits are stuffed, you’ll roll ’em up (watch the video 👆 👆 👆 to see exactly how we do it).
Then you’ll place them into a cast iron skillet (or baking pan) that been covered in melted butter and spices <– more on that in a second and then you’ll smother them in more butter, spices, and parmesan cheese.
Bake them until they’re golden and gooey.
All that’s left is to stuff your face immediately.
But let’s back up for a second. I said melted butter and spices. This also tastes like heaven.
All you need to do is melt butter in the microwave, whisk in pizza spices: garlic powder, dried basil, dried oregano, and salt and pour half of it into your pan and reserve the other half for the top of the biscuits.
So simple. So delicious.
This Stuffed Pizza Rolls Recipe is easy to make, can be filled with YOUR favorite pizza toppings (although I’d highly recommend the sausage and pepperoni combo), and is just so warm, gooey, cheesy, and buttery.
Well . . . I’m convinced. Time to heat up the leftovers!
What are your favorite pizza toppings? Show me the yummy!
Stuffed Pizza Rolls Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 oz) can Pillsbury Grands Original refrigerated biscuits 8 biscuits
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese cut into 8 equal cubes
- pizza sauce
- Cooked Italian Sausage
- 8 pepperoni slices
- Grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt butter in microwave.
- Whisk in garlic powder, basil, oregano, and salt.
- Pour half of the mixture into a 9 in cast iron skillet (or 8 or 9 in round baking pan).
- Set aside the other half of the butter mixture.
- Working with one biscuit at a time, flatten the dough on a clean work surface.
- If using pepperoni, place 1 piece on the dough.
- Place 1 teaspoon pizza sauce in the center of the biscuit.
- Top with cheese.
- If using sausage, place 1/2 tablespoon of sausage in the biscuit.
- If using pepperoni, place an additional piece of pepperoni.
- Pull the sides of the dough up and over the filling and pinch the seams together.
- Use your hands to shape them into a ball.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place the rolls in the prepared skillet/pan.
- Spoon on the rest of the butter and top with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown.
- Serve immediately with more pizza sauce if you'd like!
*Note: Nutritional information is estimated and varies based on products used.