These Air Fryer Pizza Rolls are a homemade version of a childhood classic! These pepperoni pizza rolls are perfectly crispy on the outside and ooey-gooey cheesy in the middle.
Who else remembers frozen pizza rolls heated up in the microwave as an after school snack?! I know I’m not alone. These homemade air fryer pizza rolls are about 1,000,000 times tastier and only require slightly more work. But trust me. It’s worth it.
Keep these 5 simple ingredients on hand and you can whip up air fryer pizza rolls as often as you’d like!
- Egg Roll Wrappers – get ultra crispy in the air fryer! You’ll see homemade pizza rolls made with homemade dough, pastry, or refrigerated biscuits, but I found the taste and texture of egg roll wrappers are the closest to the freezer classic — thin and crispy!
- Shredded Pizza Cheese and Parmesan Cheese – create our ooey-gooey ultra cheesy filling. My grocery store has a bagged shredded cheese called “pizza blend” that contains mozzarella, smoked provolone, and romano cheese. If you can’t find it, feel free to create your own blend of cheeses!
- Mini Pepperoni – I like using mini pepperoni for easy prep and texture (it’s thicker), but use regular pepperoni chopped up into smaller pieces, if desired.
- Pizza Sauce – use your favorite store-bought variety or whip up a batch of homemade pizza sauce!
How to make
These homemade air fryer pizza rolls are ready to go in 20 minutes!
- Lay 1 egg roll wrapper out with a corner pointed towards you.
- Top with shredded cheese, pepperoni, parmesan, pizza sauce, then additional shredded cheese.
- Brush the border of the wrapper with water then fold one corner up over the mixture.
- Fold the left and right corners toward the center then fold over to seal the pizza roll into a rectangle.
- Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling, spray the assembled pizza rolls with cooking spray, then place the rolls into your air fryer.
- Air fry (two at a time) for 8-10 minutes, cool, then serve and enjoy!
How to fold pizza rolls
Folding pizza rolls is quick and easy, just be sure you’re using fresh wrappers. Old or dried out wrappers (from being exposed to air) tend to break:
- Lay 1 egg roll wrapper out with a corner pointed towards you, fill with filling, then brush the border of the wrapper with water.
- Fold one corner up over the mixture.
- Fold the left and right corners toward the center.
- Fold over to seal the pizza roll into a rectangle.
How to make your air fryer pizza rolls crispy
I think we can all agree that pizza rolls are best when they’re crispy on the outside and ooey-gooey and cheesy on the inside. Here are a couple of ways you can achieve that deliciously crispy texture:
- Spray with cooking spray. Before you air fry, spray each side of every pizza roll with cooking spray. This helps them crisp up nicely as they air fry.
- Give them space. You want the air to be able to reach all sides of the pizza rolls. Don’t overlap them in the air fryer basket!
- Use other meat. Not a fan of pepperoni pizza? Try Italian sausage or Canadian bacon!
- Make them vegetarian/vegan. Leave out the meat or use a meatless variety to make them vegetarian and/or use vegan cheese for vegan pizza rolls.
- Add veggies. Add onions, mushrooms, peppers, olives, etc. Make sure you use small pieces and small amounts so as not to over-stuff the pizza rolls.
- Use other cheese. Sharp cheddar, goat cheese, gruyere, etc. Anything goes! You can’t go wrong.
Can air fryer pizza rolls be made ahead of time?
To make pizza rolls ahead of time, assemble as directed, then place the uncooked rolls on a silicone mat lined baking sheet. Freeze until the rolls are solid.
Once they’re fully frozen, transfer them to an airtight container or ziplock baggie and store them for up to 3 months!
To cook frozen pizza rolls, air fry as directed. You may need additional time to melt the cheese.
How to store
Fully cooked and cooled pizza rolls will last in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To reheat, bake in the oven or air fry to warm.
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
Equipment for this recipe
- 10 egg roll wrappers
- 20 tablespoons shredded pizza cheese
- 10 mini pepperoni can also use “regular” sized pepperoni that’s been chopped
- 10 teaspoons finely grated parmesan
- 5 tablespoons pizza sauce plus more for dipping
- Lay out 1 egg roll wrapper with a corner pointed toward you.
- Place 1 tablespoon shredded cheese into the center of the wrapper.
- Top with 1 tablespoon mini pepperoni, 1 teaspoon parmesan, 1/2 tablespoon pizza sauce, then an additional 1 tablespoon shredded cheese.
- Brush the outside border of the wrapper with water.
- Fold one corner up over the mixture.
- Fold left and right corners toward the center and fold over to seal into a rectangle. Be sure the wrapper is fully sealed to avoid cheese leaking.*
- Set aside onto a clean work surface.
- Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers.
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Spray each side of the filled pizza rolls with cooking spray and air fry 2 at a time for 8-10 minutes or until the wrapper is golden brown.
- Remove from the air fryer then repeat with remaining pizza rolls.
- Let cool slightly before serving with more pizza sauce!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.