A healthy version of a favorite classic, these Pizza Stuffed Chicken Roll-Ups are only 245 calories and actually taste like pizza! Full of mozzarella, turkey pepperoni, and veggies!
Ohhh my gosh, this Pizza Stuffed Chicken Roll-Ups Recipe legit tastes like pizza.
It actually does.
Now that we’re approaching the holiday season, you better believe my house will be full of cookies, cookies, and yes. . . more cookies.
If I’m being a responsible adult that means I need to counteract all those cookies with healthy breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. But because I’ll be busy baking #allthecookies, I also need something quick and easy.
Enter –> Skinnytaste Fast and Slow: Knockout Quick-Fix and Slow Cooker Recipes written by our friend, Gina over at the ah-mazing blog: Skinny Taste.
Included in this book are 140 delicious, nutritious recipes that are either ready in 30 minutes or less OR are prepared in my beloved slow cooker.
This book seriously speaks to me you guys, as remember, our tagline here at Show Me the Yummy is “Easy Recipes for Yummy Food”.
While I do love, love, LOVE my crockpot, when I saw these Pizza Stuffed Chicken Roll-Ups, I knew I needed to make them ASAP.
And letmetellyou, I was not disappointed.
If you watched the video above 👆, you saw that these Pizza Stuffed Chicken Roll-Ups are quick and easy to make AND are full of your favorite pizza flavors.
If you missed the video, let me tell you what you missed out on.
Thinly sliced chicken breasts stuffed with turkey pepperoni, sliced mushrooms, and part skim mozzarella, breaded with whole wheat bread crumbs, a touch of oil and lemon juice, and topped with marinara, red onion, and green bell pepper.
Your house will s.e.r.i.o.u.s.l.y. smell like a pizzeria, and I promise you, you won’t even miss the “real deal” after you take a bite of these roll-ups.
This recipe was honestly a home run and I can’t wait to dig in to her other recipes. . .
I’m eyeing her Korean-Style Beef Tacos, Slow Cooker Triple-Almond Flourless Brownies, Savory Quinoa Breakfast Bowls, and . . .
Who am I kidding? I literally want to make every single recipe in this cookbook.
Oh! And I almost forgot, one of my favorite parts of the book is that all the nutritional information is included for each recipe! Everything from calories, fat, carbs, protein, etc.
She’s also included a “Month of Good for You” meal plan. Four weeks of meals that are roughly 1,500 calories per day so YOU don’t have to think about it.
Again, it’s perfect with the holiday season coming up, because I know I’m not the only one that’s going to be busy baking all the cookies. 😉
I highly recommend picking up a copy of Skinnytaste Fast and Slow: Knockout Quick-Fix and Slow Cooker Recipes. Need a little convincing? Make these Pizza Stuffed Chicken Roll-Ups, take a bite, and taste the tender chicken with a lightly crunchy exterior, gooey cheesy center, perfectly pizza-y flavor and then have your mind blown that each roll up is only 245 calories. Then go out and grab a copy, because ALL her recipes are that mind blowing. 😉
Pizza Stuffed Chicken Roll-Ups Recipe
Equipment for this recipe
- 2 (8 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 8 slices turkey pepperoni
- 8 slices white button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 8 thin slices red onion
- 2 tablespoons green bell pepper finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment and spray with cooking spray.
- Halve each chicken breast horizontally to create 2 cutlets. Cover with a piece of wax paper and lightly pound to a 1/4 in thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay the chicken cutlets on a work surface and top each piece, in the center, with 1 tablespoon mozzarella, 2 slices pepperoni, and 2 slices mushroom. Loosely roll each one up and set them seam side down.
- In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan. In a second bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, and pepper, to taste.
- Dip a chicken roll-up into the oil mixture, then in the bread crumb mixture. Place it seam side down on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining chicken. Lightly spray the roll-ups with cooking spray.
- Bake until the chicken is nearly done, about 20 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Top each roll-up with 1 tablespoon marinara, 1 tablespoon mozzarella, 2 slices red onion, and 1 1/2 teaspoons bell pepper.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the sauce is hot, 4 to 5 more minutes. Serve immediately.
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.