This Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza is the perfect Friday night, summer treat! Homemade dough, spicy BBQ crockpot chicken, gooey cheese, and fresh red onions and cilantro make this the best!
We’re switching it up a bit from Friday Night, Mexican Night to Friday Night, Pizza Night! It’s not just aaaany pizza night, though…it’s BBQ Chicken Pizza Night! But it’s not just aaaany BBQ Chicken Pizza Night, it’s Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza Night.
But it’s not just aaaany…
Just kidding. I’m done.
Today, we have the most delicious and easiest BBQ Chicken Pizza recipe for you, and I think you’re really gonna like it.
There are really only three parts to the recipe:
1. The chicken.
2. The dough.
3. The prep, assemble, and grill. Yes. It’s so easy that I combined those last 3 things into 1 part. 😉
Think you’re ready for this? Let’s dooooo it.
First up? The chicken.
Chicken –> Crockpot (get this Hamilton Beach Crockpot…Ah. Mazing.) –> Stubb’s Spicy BBQ Sauce –> 4 hours on low –> Shred –> Done.
Next. The dough.
I used my homemade pizza dough. I’ve made it at least 1,000, ok fine, 100, ok fine, 50 times and it’s never failed me. If you’re nervous about making homemade pizza dough. Don’t be. Check out our new “Show Me the Basics” series on Youtube and watch just how we do it!
Basically all you need to do is proof your yeast in warm water with a little sugar, stir in olive oil and salt, and mix it into some all purpose flour. Knead it until smooth and let it rise!
Trust me… you can do it!
Lastly? Prep. Assemble. Grill.
Roll out your dough, slice some red onions paper thin, mince some fresh cilantro, get a little more Stubb’s BBQ Sauce to use instead of pizza sauce, and get yo cheeeeeze.
Trevor’s the grill master in our household (check out how cute he is in our video, today!! ♡ ), so he took it from there.
He preheated some pizza stones on our new grill (If you follow showmetheyummy on snapchat, you got to watch the big reveal), placed the dough on the stones, and assembled from there: bbq sauce, shredded chicken, red onion, cheese.
We let the pizza cook for about 10 minutes and then sprinkled it with some of that fresh cilantro, gave it a little drizzle of sour cream, and immediately devoured half the pizza.
Seriously. We were staaaarving and it was mighty tasty.
This BBQ Chicken Pizza was outta this world good. The dough is just delicious, the Stubb’s was spicy, the chicken was juicy, the cheese was, um, cheesy, and I love how smokey it was from the grill!
If you’re looking for a great Friday Night, Pizza Night at home…look no further…make (and love! 😉 ) this BBQ Chicken Pizza!
What’s your favorite pizza topping? Show me the yummy!
BBQ Chicken Pizza
Equipment for this recipe
- 1/2 pound pizza dough I used 1/2 recipe of my homemade dough
- 1 1/2 cup Stubb's Spicy BBQ Sauce divided
- 1 cup shredded BBQ Chicken**
- red onion thinly sliced, to taste
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- cilantro minced, for topping
- sour cream for topping, if desired
- Get the directions here.
The BBQ Chicken
- Grease crockpot.
- Spread the bottom with 1/2 cup BBQ sauce.
- Place 1 pound of chicken on top and cover with another 1/2 cup BBQ sauce.
- Cook on low, covered, for 4 hours. Shred immediately.
- Place pizza stones in your outdoor grill and preheat to 425 degrees F.
- Lay prepared dough down on stones and top with BBQ sauce, 1 cup shredded chicken, red onion, and cheese. Work as quickly as possible.
- Close the lid and cook until golden brown and bubbly. It took us about 8 minutes, but cook time could take anywhere from 5 - 15 minutes, depending on your grill.
- Remove from the grill, top with cilantro, sour cream, and serve!
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.