This Easy Pumpkin Coffee Cake is perfect for your fall breakfasts and brunches! Spice cake mix + pumpkin puree, cinnamon, pecans, and a maple icing!
Because it’s cake that’s socially acceptable to eat . . . in the morning . . . for breakfast!
THAT, my friends, is genius.
So thank you, inventor of coffee cake, I love you.
This version of coffee cake: Easy Pumpkin Coffee Cake is absolutely perfect for chilly fall mornings.
Just picture it.
A warm slice of this coffee cake + a hot cup of coffee and a cozy blanket on a crisp September day?
What’s more perfect than that?!
Today’s recipe is actually one that I adapted from my Gram’s pudding coffee cake recipe. While that recipe is seriously perfect, I wanted to put a fall twist on it. 🙂
I added pumpkin.
And all the pumpkin spices.
This Easy Pumpkin Coffee Cake Recipe reminds me of growing up during football season in Iowa City. *Go Hawks!*
During football season, my family and I would drive down to Iowa City the morning of a game to my Gram’s house. My whole extended family is REALLY into traditions – and brunch – so we’d all gather for breakfast and have ham and cheese breakfast casserole and coffee cake.
And I freaking love it.
So today, here’s my little twist on tradition with this Easy Pumpkin Coffee Cake Recipe.
There are THREE parts to today’s recipe:
- The cinnamon/sugar/nut mixture
- The coffee cake
- The glaze
Cinnamon Sugar Nut Mixture:
Whisk together sugar, cinnamon, and chopped pecans. Set aside.
Mix together a box of spice cake mix, a package of instant vanilla pudding, canola oil, pumpkin puree, eggs, and vanilla.
Grease a bundt pan with cooking spray and pour in half of the coffee cake batter. Top with half of the cinnamon sugar nut mixture. Top with remaining batter and then remaining cinnamon sugar nut mixture.
Bake. Cool. And glaze.
Whisk together powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, maple syrup, salt (and milk – if necessary to thin it out).
As you can see, this Easy Pumpkin Coffee Cake Recipe, is um, super easy to make.
But it’s even easier to eat. 😉
Because of the pumpkin, this coffee cake is insanely moist and I just LOVE the crunch from the pecans, and helloooo maple glaze.
This is Easy Pumpkin Coffee Cake is perfect, fall, cozy, deliciousness.
Do you want more pumpkin recipes? Brunch recipes? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1 (16.5 oz) box spice cake mix
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter melted and cooled
- 1 teapsoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- pinch salt
- milk if necessary to thin out glaze
- Combine ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk coffee cake ingredients together.
- Pour half of the batter into prepared bundt pan.
- Top with half the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Pour in remaining batter.
- Top with remaining cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-45 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Flip onto a cooling rack.
- Whisk together glaze ingredients and pour over cooled cake.
* This post contains affiliate links. We receive a commission on purchases made via these links. The price you pay is not affected by using them.