These Double Chocolate Chip Cookies are quick and easy to make and are filled with semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, cashews, and pecans!
Today’s post is sponsored by Diamond of California. We used their pecans and cashews in these Double Chocolate Chip Cookies and I’m officially going nuts for them. 😉
Another day in December, another holiday treat. This time, in the form of cookies. Double Chocolate Chip Cookies with Cashews and Pecans to be exact.
First things first.
Today we’re working with Diamond of California where they’ve been offering high quality and great tasting nuts for over 100 years! Seriously. 100 years.
Soooo, Diamond of California reached out to us and asked Trevor and I to create a cookie recipe (& video 👇) using their premium quality nuts. My mind instantly when to chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate.
Wanna hear the fun part? After we created a cookie recipe, we got to ship our cookies to three other bloggers for a holiday cookie swap!
How amazing is that?
Our contribution? These ahhh-mazing Double Chocolate Chip Cookies, of course. 🙂 🍪
If you watched the video above 👆, then you know just how easy these double chocolate chip cookies are to make.
What’s ever better, however, is how great they taste!
The base is a simple chocolate cookie dough. Today, we’re using flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch – to keep them soft and fluffy – baking soda and salt. We’re also using melted butter – no waiting for the butter to soften to room temperature #winning – brown AND granulated sugar, an egg, and vanilla.
Once the base of the cookie has mixed together, comes the best part…
The MIX-INS :
White chocolate chips. ✔️
Semi-sweet chocolate chips. ✔️
Diamond of California Pecans. ✔️
Diamond of California Cashews. ✔️
The combination of TWO types of chocolate and TWO types of nuts is just outta this world, mind blowing, craaaazy good.
Once the mix ins have been, you know, mixed in, we’re gonna bake ’em up.
Yep! That’s right. No chilling required.
The result? A soft, fluffy, chocolate-y, slightly salty, crunchy, creamy double chocolate chip cookie. ♡
I hope the other bloggers loved these cookies as much as Trevor did, who claimed these to be the “best cookies ever”! 😉
I know I had a blast taste testing the other blogger’s cookies. We got to try…
Oatmeal Pecan Cookies from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
Dark Chocolate Shortbread Cookies with Pistachios from The Blonde Chef
Pistachio Wreath Cookies from Chez Catey Lou!
👆👆👆 Be sure to check out their blogs for their Diamond of California cookie creation! Plus, the combination of all our cookies makes for one super cute tray of cookies! 😉
So … here’s the deal, make these double chocolate chip cookies. They’re quick and easy to make – a must for holiday baking – and they’re just chocolate-y, sweet, soft, crunchy, nutty p.e.r.f.e.c.t.i.o.n.
What’s your favorite way to use nuts in holiday baking? Show me the yummy!
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Equipment for this recipe
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in the bowl of your stand mixer. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, melt butter in microwave.
- Once the butter has melted, whisk in both sugars until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the egg and vanilla.
- Mix the wet mixture into the dry mixture until combined.
- Mix in the white chocolate chips, pecans, cashews, and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Or until the tops of the cookies have set.
- Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes.
- After the 2 minutes, remove from the baking sheet and let cool the rest of the way on a cooling rack!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.
Thanks again to Diamond of California for being the inspiration behind these insanely delicious double chocolate chip cookies!