This Healthy Turkey Stew Recipe is full of lean turkey, loads of veggies, and is made in your slow cooker! An easy, healthy, hearty meal for chilly fall days!
Today’s recipe is sponsored by our friends at Jennie-O. We seriously ♡ their turkey for slow cooker season!
It’s officially fall here in Madison, WI! The leaves have started to change color and fall, the weather has gotten chilly, and every Saturday, the downtown area is a sea of red (Badger’s colors for those of you who don’t follow football 😉 ).
While the outside weather might be getting chilly, the inside of our apartment is full of all things cozy.
Pumpkin candles. ✔️
Warm blankets and snuggly pup. ✔️
Healthy Turkey Stew and full bellies . ✔️ ✔️ ✔️
This Healthy Turkey Stew Recipe is SO cozy and delicious. It’s super healthy and loaded with lean turkey and tons of vegetables, but it’s also hearty enough to keep you full and satisfied.
So bring ooooooon the chilly weather and gimme a gigantic bowl of Healthy Turkey Stew.
Before we talk stew today, I wanna know how everyone’s weekend was!
This past weekend, Trevor and I had our very first SMTY Food Video Workshop. For those of you that don’t know, Show Me the Yummy along with The Blog Village (our membership site where we teach YOU how to create/grow/monetize your blog) hosted a workshop where we taught other bloggers how to make “tasty style” food videos (the ones you see all over Facebook and our Youtube Page).
There’s only ONE spot left for our November workshop, so if you’re interested, sign up! We’d love to meet you. ♡
This past weekend was a ton of work, but it was also so so SO fun and full of learning, laughter, of course, so.much.food.
The workshop was all day Friday/Saturday, so on Sunday, Trevor and I literally did not move from the couch.
Because I had approximately zero energy to think about what we were going to have for dinner, I knew I needed something that was
- Totally delicious
- Really healthy (hellllooooo eating out for the past two weeks)
You guys. This Healthy Turkey Stew Recipe totally fits the bill.
All you’re going to do is throw all the ingredients into your crockpot – Jennie-O Extra Lean Boneless Turkey Breast Tenderloins, onion, carrots, potato, celery, mushrooms, garlic, broth, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, thyme, and a touch of tomato paste – and let it cook loooooow and sloooooow all day. At the very end you’ll whisk in a little butter and cornstarch just to thicken the stew up a bit.
Because of the balsamic and #allthespices this stew is also super delicious. The balsamic adds an amazing tang and rosemary/thyme is my all time fave fall spice combo.
My favorite part of this recipe, however, is how darn healthy is it! I LOVE using Jennie-O Extra Lean Boneless Turkey Breast Tenderloins to lighten up my favorite comfort foods. It allows me to eat all the cozy and delicious things without the guilt! This Healthy Turkey Stew is also loaded with vegetables which I, for one, can never get enough of during the fall season.
Long story short, make this stew and be full, happy, and cozy without any of the guilt!
Healthy Turkey Stew Recipe
Equipment for this recipe
- 1 (20 oz) package Jennie-O Extra Lean Boneless Turkey Breast Tenderloins cubed into 1/2 - 1" cubes
- 1/2 yellow onion finely diced
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced into coins
- 1 pound yukon gold potatoes cubed into 1/2 - 1" cubes
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1/2 pound white mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt more or less to taste
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Place all ingredients (minus cornstarch, butter, and 2 tablespoons balsamic) into a greased crockpot.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6-8 hours.
- Whisk together cornstarch and melted butter.
- Stir into stew.
- Cook on HIGH for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf, stir in remaining 2 tablespoons balsamic, and serve!
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.
Thanks again to Jennie-O for sponsoring today’s cozy and delicious post!