A favorite sandwich from your childhood turned into a healthy smoothie bowl: these peanut butter and jelly smoothie bowls are absolutely delicious! Full of frozen strawberries and all natural peanut butter, they really do taste like the childhood classic!
My obsession began when I had a leftover peanut butter cookie and leftover strawberry ice cream . . . I warmed my cookie in the microwave, thawed my ice cream at room temperature for a bit, and drizzled the whole concoction in hot fudge . . .
I’m telling you, I died right there and went to heaven.
That’s DEFINITELY not the healthiest combination, PLUS I’m all out of cookies and ice cream.
In an attempt to curb my craving in a healthier way . . .
Peanut butter and jelly smoothie bowls, my friends.
While Trevor doesn’t share my obsession for the classic PB&J combo – hey! more for me 😉 – I KNOW you guys are with me.
Plus, I just love smoothie bowls for a quick and healthy spring/summer breakfast, snack, or even dessert!
They’re just so easy and full of good for you ingredients.
- Frozen strawberries – this gives it the jelly flavor
- Banana – anyone else have peanut butter banana sandwiches?
- Milk – because you NEED a little milk with a pbj sandwich!
- Peanut butter – I LOVE Crazy Richard’s, because it’s JUST peanuts, no sugar, no junk
- Honey – optional, but I mean, the pb, banana, jelly needs a little extra honey don’t cha think?
Now, this is just the starting point for these peanut butter and jelly smoothie bowls . . .
- Want to kick up the nutrients a bit? Add some spinach!
- Want to up the protein? Vanilla protein powder it is! I LOVE Bob’s Red Mill.
- Want it creamier? A scoop of non fat plain greek yogurt will do the trick!
The options are literally endless you guys.
Plus, you can have so much fun with the toppings: aka the BEST part of a smoothie bowl. Today, I garnished with fresh strawberries, peanuts for some crunch, and an extra drizzle of melted peanut butter, because, um, why wouldn’t you?! 🙂
Quick, easy, healthy, and SO customizable: I just *know* you guys are going to be obsessed with these peanut butter and jelly smoothie bowls, too. 🙂
Do you want more smoothie bowl recipes? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 banana if you don't like banana, you can skip this and add 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 2 - 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter all natural, no sugar added
- 1/2 tablespoon honey optional
- Sliced strawberries, chopped peanuts, and an extra drizzle of peanut butter optional for topping
Place frozen strawberries, banana, milk (start with 2 tablespoons), peanut butter, and optional honey into a high powdered blender or food processor.
Blend/process until smooth.
Pour into a bowl and top with optional toppings!
Nutritional information does not include toppings.
Want to kick up the nutrients a bit? Add some spinach!
Want to up the protein? Vanilla protein powder it is!
Want it creamier? A scoop of non fat plain greek yogurt will do the trick!
* This post contains affiliate links. We receive a commission on purchases made via these links. The price you pay is not affected by using them.