This Easy Mango Smoothie Recipe is fresh, super creamy, fruity, and delicious! Just 5 ingredients and 5 minutes necessary!
When I developed this recipe, I had every intention of making a mango sorbet, but I ended up with something so much better…this easy mango smoothie!
It has 5 ingredients, takes 5 minutes to make, and will take you no more than 5 minutes to suck down. 😉 It’s creamy, luxurious, and deliciously fruity!
This smoothie is all about balance. It’s loaded with healthy ingredients like greek yogurt and mango, but also does use a bit of sugar.
- Greek Yogurt – nonfat, plain Greek yogurt makes this smoothie extra creamy. Feel free to use a vanilla yogurt if you’d like to reduce the amount of added sugar. You could even use a coconut plant based yogurt to make this vegan.
- Frozen Mango – earthy, creamy, and loaded with vitamins, mineral and antioxidants!
- Vanilla – adds a warmth and depth of flavor to this smoothie.
- Lemon Juice – brightens up the earthy mango.
- Sugar – helps balance out the tartness of the greek yogurt and brings out the sweetness in the mango.
How to make
This smoothie takes just 5 minutes to whip up! So easy and so fresh!
- Place all of your ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth then serve and enjoy!
How to make smoothies creamy
- Use frozen fruit. When blended, frozen fruit creates a creamier texture than non-frozen fruit. Frozen fruit also removes the need for ice, which waters down a smoothie and can give it an icy texture vs a creamy one!
- Use Greek yogurt. Greek yogurt is thicker and creamier than regular yogurt so I definitely recommend using it in this recipe to make it ultra thick and creamy.
- Use a high-powered blender. High-powered blenders, like a Vitamix, blend ingredients together better than others making smoothies even creamier.
Can you use fresh mango?
You can but frozen mango makes this smoothie recipe extra creamy. If you’re slicing your own mango, I recommend slicing it ahead of time then freezing it before using.
If you don’t have time to freeze your fresh mango, you can try adding some ice into the smoothie but it will affect the taste and texture.
Can you use regular yogurt instead of greek yogurt?
You can, but Greek yogurt is thicker and creamier than regular yogurt. Bonus, it’s also higher in protein!
Can this be made vegan?
You can easily make this smoothie vegan. Simply sub the Greek yogurt for a vegan variety like coconut yogurt.
- Give it a nutrition boost. Try blending in flax or chia seeds or a few handfuls of spinach.
- Up the protein. Blend in your favorite vanilla protein powder.
- Add banana. Blend in some frozen banana slices. Bonus: this adds to the creaminess!
- Play with flavors. Try strawberry mango, raspberry mango, blueberry mango, or pineapple mango, etc. with some frozen fruit additions.
- Thin it out. Add a liquid like coconut milk, mango nectar, or pineapple juice.
- Add matcha. Sprinkle in a couple teaspoons of matcha powder for a healthier, antioxidant-packed smoothie.
How to store
This smoothie is best served right away for it to be enjoyed at its creamiest. However, leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days or in the freezer for a week.
Re-blend or mix when you’re ready to eat!
Looking for other fresh and easy smoothie recipes? Try this tropical smoothie, this peach cobbler smoothie, or this no banana berry green smoothie.
Easy Mango Smoothie Recipe
Equipment for this recipe
- 1 cup non fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 pound frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar more or less to taste
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth!
- If you're using a Vitamix, blend on the preset program "Frozen Desserts"
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.
This post was originally published June 8, 2015 and has been updated to provide more detailed content.