This easy shrimp alfredo is an impressive dish that’s so easy to make! Penne pasta, shrimp, vegetables, and a creamy alfredo. What’s not to love?
It’s the happiest of Monday’s over here at SMTY. 😁 Why you ask? Because last Friday, Trevor and I celebrated our 🎉 ONE-YEAR-ANNIVERSARY! 🎉
Yep! We made it. 😉
To celebrate, Trevor, being the sweet man he is, wanted to give me a break from the kitchen and make me dinner.
Not just any dinner, however…for this dinner, he made his infamous Easy Shrimp Alfredo or as we call it at home “Magic Pasta”.
This easy shrimp alfredo is, ahem, easy, impressive, and just overall my favorite thing ever. It’s full of perfectly al-dente penne, tender shrimp, and is smothered in a dreamy-creamy as spicy as you want it alfredo sauce. 😍
This dish always makes me fall in love all over again…
magic pasta Trevor… of course! 😉
Be extra sure to watch the video below 👇 for two reasons:
1. It’ll just go to show you how darn easy this recipe is.
2. We talk about why this easy shrimp alfredo is so special to us. Hint: Trevor made this for me on our first date and when we got engaged in Maui! 💋💋💋 Hint #2 – We include the actual footage from our engagement! Eeek!
As you can see 👆, this easy shrimp alfredo has so many amazing memories attached to it, but even if it didn’t, I think I’d love it just as much.
You really can’t go wrong when pasta, shrimp, vegetables, and creamy alfredo are involved.
That’s one of my favorite things about food, you know? The memories that so easily attach to it.
Every time I see/smell the fresh mushrooms, red pepper, onions, and garlic being chopped, it immediately transports me to our first date and the night we got engaged.
Seriously though. Yum.
To make things even more special last Friday, we cracked open a bottle of wine (that we enjoyed in my fave stemless wine glasses)that we had been saving for a special occasion.
It was so nice for me to just sit back and relax while Trevor cooked, enjoy some wine, and reminisce about our engagement…
But wait. Enough with the mushy stuff. 🙅 We’re supposed to be talkin’ shrimp alfredo, guys!
First things first . . .
How do you thaw frozen shrimp?
We’re using frozen, not fresh, shrimp because that’s what I always have on hand!
I always recommend following the directions on your package of shrimp, but most will likely say to thaw, submerged in cool water, for 10-30 minutes, or in the fridge overnight.
How do you make shrimp alfredo pasta?
Saute some veggies in a little butter and olive oil ♡, add in the shrimp – cook that for a bit and then….
(are you ready for the top secret ingredient that makes this so darn yummy and easy?!)
add in store-bought Alfredo sauce! Yep! That’s right.
Don’t knock it ’til you’ve tried it.
We’re keepin’ things simple today and store bought alfredo sauce makes a great basic base that we take up a notch with a hefty splash of heavy cream, romano cheese, freshly ground pepper, salt, and plenty of cayenne!
This mixture simmers for a bit, we add in some penne pasta, and then wham-bam-thank-you-ma’am…we’re done!
How do you make homemade alfredo sauce?
PSST – Today, this is EASY shrimp alfredo, so we’re just using store-bought alfredo sauce like I said. If you’re looking for a homemade alfredo sauce this MIGHT not be the recipe for you, BUT you may really like my homemade healthy alfredo sauce. 🙂
After the cooking was done last Friday, and the dishes were put away, we thoroughly enjoyed this easy shrimp alfredo.
Like I said, the pasta was perfectly al-dente, and man-oh-man, Trevor knows how to cook some goooooood shrimp.
And that sauce? I can’t even. I have no words.
It’s just that delicious. I promise. 🙂
If you’re looking for an easy dish to impress your significant other with…look no further, this easy shrimp alfredo is for you!
To many more years filled with love, happiness, and yes, plenty of easy shrimp alfredo. 😉
Do you want more easy pasta recipes like this? Show me the yummy!
Easy Shrimp Alfredo
Equipment for this recipe
- 1 (16 oz) box penne
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 (8 oz) package portobello mushrooms roughly chopped
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound medium/large shrimp peeled, de-veined, tails off
- 1 (15 oz) jar alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- cayenne pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- chopped parsley to garnish - optional
- Bring a large pot of salted/oiled water to a boil.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Once hot add in olive oil and butter.
- Once butter has melted add in diced onions. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until onions have started to soften.
- Add in red bell pepper and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- At this time, cook your pasta. Your pasta should finish at about the same time the sauce has been completed.
- Add in mushrooms and garlic.
- Add in shrimp and saute until the shrimp starts to turn pink.
- Stir in Alfredo, romano, and heavy cream and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in spices. Taste and re-season if necessary.
- Drain pasta and stir pasta into the sauce.
- Serve immediately with optional parsley!
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.