This Avocado Pesto Recipe is vegan, gluten free, oil free, and oh yeah, absolutely delicious! Packed with fresh herbs, garlic, pistachios, nutritional yeast, and more!
I think the forecast for the foreseeable future is clear skies and sunshine.
What better way to kick off warm weather (and Meatless Monday) than with an Avocado Pesto Recipe.
Ripe avocados + fresh herbs, nuts, and more <– summer. perfection.
I should also mention that this Avocado Pesto is vegan, gluten free, AND oil free, so I highly recommend that you eat up and enjoy!
A few months back, we went over to a friends house for dinner (Hiiiii Sarah and Adam 👋).
They eat super healthy like 99.99% 😉 of the time, so I brought my Mediterranean Farro and a Healthy Zucchini Cake (recipe coming soon!) and they made these ah-mazing pork chops with avocado pesto and zoodles.
The avocado pesto absolutely blew me away and I knew I needed to recreate it immediately.
It’s the perfect summer weather recipe, because there’s no “real cooking” involved . . .
Throw fresh basil, fresh cilantro, garlic, roasted pistachios, avocado, lemon juice, nutritional yeast (it tastes like cheese, but it’s vegan!), water, and salt together in your food processor.
I chose to serve this Avocado Pesto with zoodles (I used my inspiralizer to make the noodles, then sauteed the noodles in a pan until tender), but the possibilities are endless. Serve over “regular” noodles, meat, tofu . . . use it in a pasta salad, a pizza . . . anything!
I LOVE that this Avocado Pesto is oil free – I promise you won’t miss it, because the avocado gives it SO much creaminess – and the flavor is absolutely killer thanks to the basil, cilantro, garlic, pistachios, and nutritional yeast.
It’s creamy. It’s fresh. It’s a total flavor bomb.
Summer, healthy deliciousness is right here waiting for you!
What would you serve with this avocado pesto? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves about 2 (3/4 oz) packages
- 1 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup roasted salted pistachios
- 1 (5 1/2 oz) avocado
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoons water or more if you want a thinner consistency
- 1/4 teaspoon salt plus more to taste (I used 1/2 teaspoon)
- Place all ingredients into food processor and blend until smooth, adding more water/salt, as necessary.
- Store, covered, in the fridge.
*I served these with "zoodles" that I just cooked in a preheated skillet until tender. Throw them in a colander after they're cooked if you want to drain them.
* This post contains affiliate links. We receive a commission on purchases made via these links. The price you pay is not affected by using them.