Tender shrimp, butter-y + garlicky sauce… this Shrimp Scampi Recipe is simply perfect!
It’s buttery, it’s garlicky, it’s shrimpy, it’s served over my fave: linguine, and it comes together in a matter of minutes.
It’s also from my friend – Liz’s (thelemonbowl.com) – new eCookbook: Food From Our Ancestors: The Ultimate Italian Sunday Dinner.
I’m super super excited to be cooking from her book today, which is full of her husband’s family’s Italian recipes.
While I literally drooled over every single recipe (ummm the Pizzagaina looks heavenly), I NEEDED to make Uncle Vinny’s Shrimp Scampi the second I read the ingredient list.
Quick. Easy. Packed with flavor. <– yessssss.
It’s actually really funny that I chose this recipe, today, because when given the option, shrimp is not my first choice of protein.
Not because I don’t like it, but because, for some reason, cooking shrimp scares the living daylights outta me.
Ok, maybe that was a bit dramatic, but it IS kind of intimidating to me.
Liz’s recipe for Shrimp Scampi, however, was super easy to follow, and letmetellyou, the shrimp comes out p.e.r.f.e.c.t.l.y. tender.
And as all good recipes do, this recipe starts with butter and oil.
Simply melt butter and olive oil together in a large saute pan, then add in garlic and red pepper flakes. ♡ <– doesn’t get better than that, does it?
Then you’ll add in shrimp, let it cook for a bit, then you’ll deglaze the pan with white wine <– I lied, it does get better, because #wine.
The last step is adding in salt, pepper, lemon juice/zest, and chopped parsley.
Except, shhhh, don’t tell, I used cilantro, because cilantro is everything, and I’m a super weird person who hates parsley. Don’t hate me. 😉
Her recipe in the book then says to serve over spaghetti, linguini, or angel hair pasta – optional <– but, you guys, you KNOW pasta is never optional in the Debth household. In fact. It’s mandatory. 😉
The result was an incredibly, ridiculously delicious Shrimp Scampi .
Ultra buttery, perfectly garlicky, bright from the lemon, and full of tender perfectly seasoned shrimp all served over pasta?!
I’m not gonna lie, Trevor and I may or may not have eaten the whole dish in one sitting. 😉
Shrimp Scampi Recipe
Equipment for this recipe
- 1 pound large raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine I used Chardonnay
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley I used cilantro
- 1 pound Spaghetti, linguini or angel hair pasta optional (I served over linguini)
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry with paper towel; set aside.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a heavy frying pan over medium heat. Reduce heat and add garlic and red pepper flakes. Saute on low heat about 5 minutes.
- Raise heat to high and when oil is hot, immediately add shrimp. Toss the shrimp around constantly, until they turn pink, about 3 minutes.
- Add wine to pan to deglaze, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan. Saute 1 minute to let alcohol burn off slightly.
- Remove pan from heat. Add salt, pepper, lemon juice, lemon zest and chopped parsley.
- Return pan to high heat and saute for a minute or two or until butter sauce is slightly thickened.
- Serve immediately in bowls with juice poured over.
- Serve over spaghetti, linguini or angel hair pasta, if you wish.
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.