A light vegetarian soup loaded with cheesy pasta, tomatoes, and spices, this Crockpot Tomato Tortellini Soup is quick to put together and is a sure crowd pleaser!
Thanks to Red Gold Tomatoes for sponsoring today’s post.
Hi guys! I thought I’d sneak in one more recipe before Christmas (you can see all our holiday recipes here), so of course, I just HAD to do a crockpot recipe –> Crockpot Tomato Tortellini Soup to be exact.
Whether you’re celebrating Christmas or Hanukkah, throwing a NYE party, or just chilling at home. . . the holidays are all about being with the people you love, which means you need to FEED all those people you love, right?
I LOVE entertaining, especially during the holidays, but it can also be a little stressful trying to figure out what to make and then actually spending the time to make whatever you’re making.
But, have no fear, because THIS is what you’re going to make for your next gathering.
This Crockpot Tomato Tortellini Soup is as easy as throwing a few ingredients into your slow cooker and letting it cook all day. Plus, helllooo there’s tortellini, so you know it’s going to be a crowd favorite!
I’m not kidding when I say that my slow cooker is my life saver when it comes to easy holiday entertaining. I can prep everything ahead of time, the house smells ah-mazing by the time people come over, and it’s just cozy and delicious for these cold winter months.
This Crockpot Tomato Tortellini Soup might just be my new favorite.
Simply throw a diced onion, garlic cloves, vegetable broth, brown sugar, spices – dried basil, oregano, salt, pepper, and a bay leaf – Red Gold Tomato Sauce and Red Gold Whole Peeled Tomatoes into your crockpot and let it cook all day.
The star of this dish is obviously the tomatoes, which is why I LOVE using Red Gold Tomatoes. They only serve the best tomatoes. They hand select their tomatoes and don’t outsource to other companies like many brands do. Plus, all of their tomatoes are sustainably grown on Midwest family farms, which I particularly appreciate having grown up in the Midwest. 🙂
Like I said, the tomatoes are the star of this dish, so you better believe that using better tomatoes will make this soup even more delicious!
Now, once the soup has cooked (and your house smells ah-mazing), you’re going to blend it up! You can either use a stick blender and blend it directly in your crockpot OR you can use your favorite stand blender.
Once the soup has been blended (and placed back into the crockpot if you used your stand blender), all that’s left is to stir in some non fat plain greek yogurt, a little parmesan cheese, and a package of three cheese tortellini.
Let the soup cook for about 30 more minutes and you’re ready to serve it up!
How easy was that?
And even better. It’s absolutely delicious!
A warm, light, tomato rich soup loaded with tender cheese tortellini?
Yes. Yes. And yes.
What’s YOUR favorite way to keep holiday entertaining easy? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic left whole
- 2 (14.5) oz cans Red Gold Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can Red Gold Tomato Sauce
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar packed
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup non fat plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 (20 oz) package refrigerated three-cheese tortellini
- Grease crockpot.
- Place onion, garlic, tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, brown sugar, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, pepper, and bay leaf into crockpot.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW 7-8 hours.
- Remove bay leaf and blend until smooth (either using a stick blender directly in crockpot or in your stand blender).
- Place soup back into crockpot (if using your stand blender).
- Stir in greek yogurt, parmesan, and tortellini.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for an additional 15-30 minutes or until tortellini is warmed through.
- Serve and enjoy!
Thanks again to Red Gold Tomatoes for sponsoring today’s post.