This Cookie Monster Ice Cream is a no churn ice cream that’s packed with Oreos, Chips Ahoy, and edible chocolate chip cookie dough! No ice cream machine required!
Cookie monsters. This ice cream is for you! A fluffy vanilla ice cream (that’s made with whipped cream and condensed milk, so there’s no ice cream machine required) loaded with THREE kinds of cookies: Oreos, Chips Ahoy, AND edible cookie dough chunks. PSST – want to take it to the next level? Serve this with a generous drizzle of hot fudge — GIMME!
What is cookie monster ice cream?
Cookie Monster ice cream is a vanilla ice cream made to look like the classic Sesame Street character: the Cookie Monster! It’s bright blue JUST like the Cookie Monster and packed with three types of cookies: Oreos, Chips Ahoy, and edible cookie dough chunks.
If this isn’t an ice cream the Cookie Monster wouldn’t approve of, I’m not sure what would!
What is the flavor of cookie monster ice cream?
Vanilla! Don’t be fooled by its bright blue color. Cookie Monster ice cream is a simple and sweet vanilla ice cream base that’s colored with blue food coloring and packed with all the cookies.
I kept my ice cream relatively light in color, but feel free to add additional blue food coloring for an even more vibrant blue ice cream!
This homemade cookie monster ice cream could not be more simple to make and could not be more delicious!
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – a thick, creamy, and sweet base for the ice cream.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – whipped until stiff peaks form, then folded into the condensed milk base to give the ice cream a lighter, fluffier texture.
- Vanilla Extract – provides the homemade ice cream with a sweet vanilla flavor.
- Blue Food Coloring – gives the ice cream its signature bright blue color. Add as much or as little as you’d like!
- Chopped Oreos, Chips Ahoy, and Frozen Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough – mixed into the ice cream to add chewy, crunchy textures and so much cookie flavor!
- Hot Fudge Sauce, Sundae Toppings, Cones, etc. – for serving, if desired!
How to make
This homemade ice cream comes together very quickly — no churning necessary!
- In a large bowl, stir together sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and blue food coloring then set aside.
- In your stand-mixer, whip heavy whipping cream and additional blue food coloring until stiff peaks are formed.
- Fold the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk base and add in chopped cookies and cookie dough chunks.
- Pour the mixture into a large freezer safe container and top with additional cookies and cookie dough chunks.
- Cover and freeze until firm then serve and enjoy!
How long to freeze
I recommend freezing your ice cream at least 8 hours before serving. This gives it time to firm up perfectly! If you try to serve it too soon, you’ll end up with runny ice cream.
Timing may vary based on how cold YOUR freezer is.
Can you use regular milk?
You can’t use regular milk to replace the sweetened condensed milk or the heavy cream. The consistency and flavor of sweetened condensed milk make for a rich, sweet, creamy base and heavy cream whips into stiff peaks which keeps this ice cream light and fluffy. Regular milk won’t provide a creamy, sweet base and doesn’t whip into stiff peaks.
Other mix-in ideas
- Chocolate Chips – use semi-sweet, milk, dark, or even white chocolate chips!
- Homemade Cookie Dough – you can use the store-bought frozen cookie dough listed in the recipe or make it homemade instead!
- Homemade Cookies – replace the Chips Ahoy with broken up pieces of homemade chocolate chip cookies.
- Other Cookies. Nutter butters, shortbread, Girl Scout cookies, different flavors of Oreos, Chips Ahoy, etc.
- Toasted Nuts – toasted walnuts or pecans would be delicious.
- Swirls – swirl in hot fudge, peanut butter, marshmallow fluff, and/or caramel.
- Sprinkles – add bright blue sprinkles to go with the ice cream or use rainbow for even more pops of color!
How to serve cookie monster ice cream
- As an ice cream sandwich. Sandwich a generous scoop of monster cookie ice cream between two of your favorite cookies. Try chocolate chip cookies, cake mix cookies, or monster cookies!
- In a bowl. Top with hot fudge for a delicious chocolate-y finish!
- In a cone. Stuff a waffle cone until it’s full, then top with sprinkles and a cherry!
- With brownies. Serve a scoop of ice cream with a warm brownie for a melty, ooey-gooey, super chocolate-y treat.
How to store
Homemade ice cream will last in an airtight container in the freezer for up to two weeks!
Cookie Monster Ice Cream
Equipment for this recipe
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Blue food coloring
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream cold
- 1 cup roughly chopped Oreos (about 9-10 cookies) + more for topping, if desired
- 1 cup roughly chopped Chips Ahoy (about 9-10 cookies) + more for topping, if desired
- 1 cup frozen chocolate chip cookie dough chunks + more for topping, if desired*
- Hot fudge sauce, sundae toppings, cones, etc. optional for serving
- In a large bowl, stir together sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and blue food coloring (start with a few drops and add more until desired color is reached). Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, whip heavy whipping cream and additional blue food coloring (again, start with a few drops and add more until desired color is reached) until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk base, then fold in the chopped cookies and cookie dough chunks.
- Pour into a large sealable freezer safe container.
- Top with additional chopped cookies and dough chunks, if desired.
- Cover and place in the freezer until firm, at least 8 hours.
- Serve plain, with your favorite sundae toppings, or in a cone and enjoy!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.