One Bowl Brownies. The perfect fudge-y, chocolatey, gooey, thick brownies you’ll ever taste. Plus, you only need one bowl to make them! Made with cocoa powder, oil, and semi sweet chocolate chips!
They are literally the most fudge-y, chocolatey, gooey, thick brownies you’ll ever taste. Plus, you only need one bowl to make them!
My mouth is watering just smelling the brownies baking in the oven right now.
These one bowl brownies are the bomb.com. I love them, because
- They’re fool proof. Literally throw your ingredients into a mixer, pour into a pan, bake and serve. I promise, as long as you don’t over bake these, you can’t mess them up. 🙂
- They’re RICH. I am a certified choco-holic, and these TOTALLY satisfy.
- They’re quick and don’t make a mess. See #1. 10 minutes and one bowl is all you need!
- They’re deeeee-licious. Warm, fudge-y, thick, dense, ultra chocolate-y. What else is there in life, really?
So what are we waiting for? Are you ready to make some brownies?
How do you make one bowl brownies with cocoa powder, oil, and semi sweet chocolate chips?
- Place all of your ingredients into a bowl: granulated sugar, flour, eggs, salt, oil, vanilla extract, and unsweetened cocoa powder
- Give the mixture a quick stir in your mixer – you could also use a hand mixer
- Pour the batter into a greased baking pan
- Top with chocolate chips – I love semi-sweet, but you could also use milk, dark chocolate, etc.
- Bake, cool, and serve!
Warm, fudge-y, thick brownies that have tons of melty chocolate chips sprinkled throughout.
They’re amazing the first day, but keep well and taste even better when warmed and topped with vanilla ice cream.
Now. Let’s answer a few questions I tend to get for this recipe.
Why are my brownies cake-y?
You over baked or over measured the flour!
These brownies should come out suuuuper dense and I wouldn’t consider these cake-y at all really!
Do I have to use canola oil? Can I use butter or another kind of oil?
I’d use canola or vegetable oil for best results.
Butter won’t make these as moist and fudge-y and another kind of oil might leave a prominent flavor. I find canola oil the most “tasteless”.
But really, you can’t mess these brownies up. I mean. It’s chocolate. It’s a brownie. Top it with some ice cream and enjoy!
Do you like warm brownies?
Do you like chocolate?
Do you like your brownies extra thick and fudge-y?
Of course you do!
So, done, done, and done!
These one bowl brownies are for you.
One Bowl Brownies
Equipment for this recipe
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canola oil or vegetable oil (although some people think it has a stronger flavor)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips more or less, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients together except chocolate chips.
- Spread in a greased 9x13 pan and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes (check after 20) or until a tooth pick is inserted and comes out *almost* clean.
- Let cool completely before cutting and serving.
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.