A perfectly sweet, fluffy adult’s only treat, this Moscato Ice Cream comes together in a matter of minutes, requires NO ice cream machine, is super simple, and best of all, tastes ah-mazing!
Ohhhh my gosh. Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. 👈 That, my friends, is how I feel about this Moscato Ice Cream Recipe.
Now. Before you run away, let me tell you right now, you do NOT need an ice cream machine for this recipe and it makes me so ridiculously happy.
I don’t know about you, but I personally don’t have an ice cream maker. . . as much as I want one, I just don’t have room for one more kitchen appliance. Ok fine. I’d probably make room if I got one (hint, hint Trevor 😉 ), but for now, I don’t have one.
The problem with this is that ice cream is my all time favorite treat. Liiike. I’m obsessed. It’s all I talk about any more now that it’s 90 degrees out almost every day.
So what’s a girl to do when she wants homemade ice cream, but doesn’t have an ice cream machine?
She makes NO-CHURN ice cream, of course!
You ready for this?!
This Moscato Ice Cream Recipe is loosely based off of my No Churn Mint Oreo Ice Cream with a few little twists.
There are really only two parts to today’s recipe.
#1: The Base
Simply whisk together Barefoot Moscato with granulated sugar and a box of instant vanilla pudding mix. Set this aside while you do step #2. . .
#2: The Whipped Cream
Here’s my trick for perfect whipped cream. In the freezer, chill whatever bowl you’re using to whip the cream in and make sure your cream is stored in the fridge until the moment you’re ready to use it! Then all you need to do is use the whisk attachment of your stand mixer (hand mixer works, too) and whip the cream on high until stiff peaks form! (Definitely look at the video above ☝️for visuals.)
Once that’s done, all that’s left to do is whip the base into the whipped cream and g.e.n.t.l.y. fold in some optional berries!
Now. I’m saying the berries are optional for this moscato ice cream, because I wanted to use berries for a fun little red, white, and blue themed dessert for the 4th of July (so fun, right?!) , BUT, it’s totally not necessary if you’re not a fan of fruit in your ice cream.
Now once this chills in the freezer overnight, the ice cream is done! How freaking easy was that?! I’m seriously in love and the result?
Ice cream that is ultra fluffy, creamy, and soft serve like. Which is amazing, but the flavor? Ohhhhh holy yum. It’s sweet, but not too sweet, and the sweet, fruity, crisp Barefoot Moscato really comes through.
You guys. It’s seriously perfection. I mean, any time I get to combine my all time favorite treat: ice cream AND wine. . . I mean. Come on.
It’s gonna be a great day. 🙂
What no-churn flavor should I tackle next?! Show Me the Yummy!
- 1 cup Barefoot Moscato
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (3.4 oz) box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream cold
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries roughly chopped (optional)
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries optional
- Chill the bowl of your stand mixer in the freezer until cold.
- In another bowl, whisk together Barefoot Moscato, sugar, and pudding mix. Set aside.
- Remove the chilled bowl from the freezer and attach it to your stand mixer.
- Whip chilled heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. It should take about 90 seconds or so.
- Reduce the speed of your stand mixer, and slowly pour in the moscato/sugar/pudding mixture until fully combined.
- If the peaks have fallen, increase speed to high until stiff peaks have formed again. (see video above for visuals)
- Using a spatula, gently stir in the fresh (optional) berries.
- Place the ice cream into a large loaf pan (or tupperware container).
- Cover tightly with saran wrap.
- Place in the freezer overnight or until hard (about 12 hours).
- Serve with more fresh berries and enjoy!
Thanks again to Barefoot Wine & Bubbly for sponsoring today’s post. Ice cream + wine is seriously the best summer treat.