Skinny Ice Cream Cupcakes. A simple graham cracker crust + YOUR favorite flavor of ice cream + all the toppings. Easy. Guilt Free. Delicious!
Thanks to our friends at Kroger for sponsoring today’s post!
Summer is almost over.
I know, I’m crying inside too, so let’s go out with a bang, shall we?
Skinny Ice Cream Cupcakes, it is!
It’s no secret that dessert is literally my favorite thing in the world.
I can be absolutely stuffed to the gills – yes that’s a phrase, look it up. 😉 – but I will always, always, always make room for dessert.
Especially ice cream.
It’s just so good.
It’s creamy. There’s so many flavors to choose from and I just love it so much.
But it’s always LOADED with calories.
Enter: Skinny Ice Cream Cupcakes.
Skinny Ice Cream Cupcakes is like the ultimate oxymoron, right?
Enter: Simple Truth Low Cow Lite Ice Cream aka the star of today’s Skinny Ice Cream Cupcakes Recipe.
I’m sure you’ve all tried the super low calorie ice creams that seem to be sweeping the nation. Whether you’ve like the brand you’ve tried or not, I honestly, truly, completely believe you’ll go freaking nuts for Low Cow.
Not only is it high in protein , low in calories (I’m talkin’ 240-280 calories for the ENTIRE pint), but it’s actually NOT too good to be true, and seriously tastes delicious!
My trick? Let it sit out at room temperature for just a bit and it gets soooooo creamy and seriously tastes just like “real” ice cream, but helllooooo without the guilt.
Just trust me, ok?
While each flavor is absolutely deeee-lish on their own, I decided to take it one step further – hey, we’re celebrating the end of summer, aren’t we?! – and made Skinny Ice Cream Cupcakes.
Have no fear, because they’re ALMOST as easy to make as eating it straight from the pint. 😉
- Melt a teeny, tiny touch of butter in a bowl.
- Stir in graham cracker crumbs.
- Press into muffin tin that’s been lined with cupcake liners.
- Freeze 30 minutes. <— While this is happening grab your FAVE pint of Simple Truth Low Cow Lite Ice Cream (I used Vanilla and Sea Salt Caramel) and let it soften.
- Try not to eat entire pint of softened to perfection ice cream.
- Fill frozen graham cracker base with softened ice cream.
- Freeze until firm.
- Top with whipped cream, mini chocolate chips, maaaaybe a drizzle of chocolate syrup, and sprinkles.
- Eat. Them. All.
Because you can.
Because these are SKINNY Ice Cream Cupcakes, ok?
Not too sweet. Perfectly creamy. And totally customizable!
Don’t like graham crackers? Use a chocolate cookie!
Don’t want Vanilla or Sea Salt Caramel? Use Chocolate, Mint Chocolate Chip, Birthday Cake, or Lemon Cake!
The options are endless.
So let’s say farewell to summer (almost) and
Skinny Ice Cream Cupcakes.
Skinny Ice Cream Cupcakes Recipe
Equipment for this recipe
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1-2 pints Simple Truth Low Cow Lite Ice Cream whatever flavor you desire
- whipped cream
- chocolate syrup
- Line 6 slots of a standard 12 slot muffin tin with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large bowl.
- Stir in graham cracker.
- Fill each slot with a heaping tablespoon.
- Press down with the bottom of the tablespoon so an even crust forms.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- While the crust freezes, place ice cream at room temperature so it softens.
- After the 30 minutes, top each crust with 1/4 cup softened ice cream.
- Place in freezer until firm, about 1-3 hours.
- Top with whipped cream, sprinkles, etc and serve!*
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kroger. The opinions and text are all mine.