Add this Christmas Crack (aka Easy Saltine Toffee Candy) to your holiday baking list! Only 6 ingredients necessary to make the most addicting holiday treat yet! It’s the perfect combo of sweet/salty/crunchy!
I have a very important announcement to make.
This week . . .
Is CHRISTMAS COOKIE AND CANDY WEEK!
Get excited, because I have 4 new recipes comin’ at ya: two new candy recipes and two new cookie recipes.
Today, we’re kickin’ off Christmas Cookie and Candy week with the most perfect, easy, addicting holiday treat:
Everyone loves it, it’s crazy easy to make, it’s sweet and salty, AND you only need six ingredients to make it!
Are you ready to get your holiday bake on?
I originally got the recipe for this treat from my neighbor Cristina (Hiiiii Cristina! 👋). She brought some over to us a few months ago and I was immediately hooked.
It honestly is the perfect combination of sweet, salty, caramel-y, chocolatey, crunchy amazingness.
I asked her if it was easy to make and she said it’s literally the easiest candy recipe ever.
And you guys, this is actually the easiest candy recipe.
How do you make this easy Christmas crack candy recipe?
- Combine butter and brown sugar into a large saucepan
- Let boil for a couple minutes
- Pour over saltine crackers
- Bake crackers in the oven for 5 minutes
- Top with dark chocolate chips
- Spread melted chips with a spatula
- Top with toffee bits and a drizzle of white chocolate
- Let harden in the fridge or freezer
- Crack into pieces
Like, seriously, try to stop yourself at just one piece.
It’s nearly impossible.
I’m sure you guys have seen or even made Christmas Crack before, but THIS recipe is the best, because I use:
- one whole sleeve of saltines
- TWO whole sticks of butter
- one whole package of dark chocolate chips
Meaning, there’s hardly any measuring to do at all!
Can I make this Ritz cracker candy? Or make this crack candy recipe with graham crackers?
Probably! I haven’t personally tried this, but I think using ritz crackers or graham crackers would be absolutely delicious!
Can I make saltine cracker toffee without chocolate?
I mean. I wouldn’t. 😉 But in theory, yes, you could make this recipe without chocolate. It’ll still be delicious: helloooo brown sugar and butter. But I think the chocolate adds really nice flavor.
Easy. Addicting. Perfection.
Make this Christmas Crack for yourself, or make it to give out for holiday gifts.
And if you do… could you send a little more my way?
What’s YOUR favorite holiday candy recipe? Be sure to stay tuned this week for THREE more recipes! Show Me the Yummy!
- 1 sleeve salted saltine crackers about 42 crackers
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 (12 oz) package dark chocolate chips
- heath toffee bits
- white chocolate melted
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper. Grease parchment paper with cooking spray.
- Place crackers side by side on lined pan. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar.
- Bring to boil over medium/medium-high heat and boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour evenly over crackers.
- Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, then use the back of a spoon to spread melted chocolate chips evenly over the crackers.
- Top with toffee bits and drizzle with white chocolate.
- Cool completely in fridge (about an hour or two) or in freezer (about 20 minutes), then break into pieces.
- Store in fridge in covered airtight container.
Nutritional information does not include Heath or white chocolate.