A passed down family recipe! This easy chocolate fudge is made in one bowl, has 5 ingredients, and is cooked in the microwave for 90 seconds! The easiest dessert you’ll make this holiday season!
I’m back with another scrumptious one bowl dessert and it’s called Easy Chocolate Fudge. Who’s excited?!
Just two days ago, I posted about one bowl brownies. Trevor took them into the office the next day and did not return with a single crumb. They were a hit! I’m not sure if I was more excited, because…
A. They loved the brownies.
B. I only had one bowl to wash.
Would it be wrong for me to say B?
Kidding…kidding…but seriously, during the holidays, I find that our kitchen is just never as clean as I want it to be. Over the past few days somehow I’ve spilled lentils, pumpkin seeds, salad dressing, powdered sugar, and brownie batter all over our kitchen floor.
It’s only Wednesday, so who knows what’s next!
Long story short, we are not having visitors over until I can get the kitchen under control.
Except, too bad, because we’re definitely having friends over tonight for dinner. Oops 😉
Messy kitchens and the success of my one bowl brownies are the inspiration for posting another one bowl creation, easy chocolate fudge.
Thank goodness I married Trevor. Before him, I had ZERO appreciation for fudge.
Now that we’re married… I love fudge!
Why all of a sudden you ask? Because I got access to another amazing family recipe (have you tried this stuffing recipe yet?) – aka this easy chocolate fudge.
I love family recipes! It’s so interesting how they get discovered and then passed down from generation to generation . . . My MIL’s mom had originally heard the recipe on a radio talk show while her husband was driving, scribbled it down, and tweaked it from there.
I love how they’re always sooo tasty, too. I’ve never had a bad family recipe, it’s always something comforting and loaded with flavor.
There are only 5 ingredients in this easy chocolate fudge recipe. Simple, delicious, and made in literally 90 seconds.
What are the ingredients to make easy chocolate fudge?
It definitely varies from recipe to recipe, but THIS easy chocolate fudge uses:
- Powdered sugar
- Cocoa powder
- Chocolate milk
- Pecans – optional, but delish if you’re into that kinda thing
How do you make homemade microwave fudge?
- Place all of your ingredients in a microwavable bowl, minus the vanilla and optional nuts.
- Microwave for 90 seconds.
- During this 90 seconds, line a small pan (I used a 6 x 8) with saran wrap.
- Remove from the microwave and whisk until smooth. Then stir in vanilla and optional nuts.
- Pour into the saran wrapped pan, cover and place in the refrigerator until hardened. Slice, serve, and go nuts!
This easy chocolate fudge is ultra thick, smooth, creamy, and extra chocolatey.
I promise, it’ll totally be worth that 90 seconds it takes you to make it!
Do you want more fudge recipes? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1 (1 pound) bag powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
cubed into small chunks
- 1/4 cup chocolate milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Line a 6 x 8 (or similar sized) glass pan with plastic wrap or wax paper misted very lightly with cooking spray.
- Put all ingredients, excluding vanilla and optional nuts, into a bowl.
- Microwave for 90 seconds.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in vanilla and optional nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan, cover, and chill in the refrigerator until set.
*If your fudge didn't set, you either
- Didn't cook it long enough (or your wattage is lower than any microwave I've used)
- You under measured your powdered sugar
- You didn't let it set long enough in the fridge
- My family and I have made this recipe hundreds of times and it sets every time for us!
*Nutritional information DOES include nuts.
*Without nuts would be 138 calories per serving.