This Crack Dip is highly addictive. You’ve been warned. 😉 Full of cream cheese, bacon, sour cream, spices and more, you’re never gonna want to stop eating it!
Two words: Crack Dip.
You guyyyyyyyys. This Crack Dip is dangerously easy to make and even more dangerously easy to eat.
This dip is everything you love about food. It’s creamy, it’s full of bacon, it’s salty, it’s full of bacon, it’s cheesy, and yes, it’s full of bacon. 😉
It comes together in a matter of minutes – and HELLLLOOO there’s no cooking involved, so it’s a great last minute football party appetizer, but it can also be made in advance.
Word to the wise: don’t make this too far in advance, or you may or may not “taste test” it until it’s all gone and have to remake it. . .
Not like that happened to us or anything. . . 🙈
We. Are. Home.
Ughhh I have never been SO happy to be home.
Although the past month has been full of freaking amazing things – meeting new blogging friends, visiting our beloved Seattle, and eating #allthetacos 🌮 – I am so happy to just be home and sit and binge watch Netflix and oh yeah, eat all the Crack Dip.
Although we do have a ton of work to do (helllooooo SMTY Food Video Workshops), I’m trying to make the transition back to work a little easier by treating myself to snacks. 😉
Enter: Crack Dip.
How do you make bacon crack dip?
All you need to do is mix together:
- cream cheese <– good start, yes? 😉
- sour cream
- cheddar cheese
- green chiles
- bacon (I cooked this in the microwave to keep things super simple)
- ranch seasoning
- garlic powder
- chili powder
- cayenne – for a little kick
How amazingly easy is that?!
The result is an ultra creamy, smoky, perfectly seasoned dip.
What do you serve with crack dip?
I’d highly recommend serving this Crack Dip with buttery Ritz Crackers or crunchy tortilla chips. The combination is mind.blowing.
You can serve any kind of crunchy vessel with this dip.
Once you start eating this dip, you’re never gonna stop. 😉
What’s your favorite dip? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 (7 oz) can fire roasted green chilies drained
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled*
- 1 (1 oz) package dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- Green onions for topping
- Crumbled bacon for topping
- Ritz crackers
- Tortilla Chips
- In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, mayo, and sour cream until smooth.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients, minus the "optional for serving" ingredients.
- Cover and place in the fridge until ready to serve!
- Taste and re-season, if necessary.
- Top with minced green onions and more crumbled bacon.
- Serve with crackers and chips!
*I cooked the bacon in the microwave. Place a paper towel on a microwave safe plate. Lay bacon in an even layer. Top with another paper towel. Cook until the bacon is fully cooked and crispy.