These Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes are fluffy on the inside and extra crispy on the outside. Tossed with butter and seasonings then air fried to perfection, these potatoes are SO flavorful and make an easy breakfast side dish.
I’m always looking for ways to spice up my breakfast foods and these air fryer breakfast potatoes did not disappoint. I love these potatoes for so many reasons:
- The air fryer allows the potatoes to become fluffy on the side, but ultra crispy on the outside. The rapid circulation around the potatoes created by the air fryer is what allows this to happen!
- Frees up your stovetop and oven! While these babies are air frying, throw some bacon in the oven and make some sausage gravy on the stove!
- They’re so flavorful and versatile! A little butter and a few seasoning goes a long way here — feel free to use YOUR favorite blend of spices.
Less than 10 ingredients necessary to make the BEST breakfast potatoes!
- Potatoes – I use Little Potato Company Fresh Creamer Potatoes Terrific Trio, because they’re my all time favorite potatoes, but Yukon Gold will work as well. Both will have fluffy interiors and crispy exteriors.
- Unsalted Butter – adds a warm, rich, buttery flavor and coats the potatoes so the outsides can get nice and crispy.
- Salt, Garlic Powder, Paprika, Black Pepper, and Cayenne Pepper – a simple seasoning blend that really packs a flavor punch! Omit the cayenne if you’re sensitive to spice.
How to make
These potatoes come together in a snap!
- Place your potatoes into a large bowl and toss with melted butter and seasonings.
- Pre-heat your air fryer to 400ºF then transfer the prepped potatoes the air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 20-35 minutes then serve and enjoy!
What potatoes to use
I prefer Little Potato Company Fresh Creamer Potatoes Terrific Trio. The colors make for a gorgeous presentation and they also have a super buttery taste and creamy texture. If you can’t find creamer potatoes, Yukon gold potatoes will also work.
Do you need to soak the potatoes first?
You can, but it’s not necessary!
Some people like to soak the potatoes in cold water before frying them to draw out some of the moisture so they can crisp up even more. I think these air fryer breakfast potatoes are plenty crispy without the extra step so I don’t bother.
If you do decide to soak them first, make sure you dry them thoroughly before air frying so your extra efforts aren’t for nothing!
Are air fryer breakfast potatoes vegan?
Air fryer breakfast potatoes can easily be made vegan. Unsalted butter is used in this recipe but if you’re vegan, simply replace with vegan butter or your favorite oil such as extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil.
What to serve with breakfast potatoes
These breakfast potatoes are super versatile! Serve them up with any of your favorite breakfast foods!
- Breakfast Burritos
- Healthy Breakfast Sandwich
- Breakfast Grilled Cheese
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
How to store
Leftover breakfast potatoes will last in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
To reheat, thaw in the fridge if frozen then microwave or heat in the oven or air fryer to re-crisp.
No air fryer? No problem! Check out my oven-roasted breakfast potatoes instead!
Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
Equipment for this recipe
- 1 (1 1/2 pound) bag Little Potato Company Fresh Creamer Potatoes Terrific Trio halved or quartered depending on the size of the potato*
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted, use vegan butter if vegan
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper omit if you don’t like spice
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Place potatoes into a large bowl and toss with melted butter, salt, garlic powder, paprika, pepper, and cayenne.
- Transfer potatoes to the air fryer basket.
- Air fry in preheated air fryer for 20-35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.