Walnut and Greek Yogurt Stuffed Dates. Perfect for healthier snacking or dessert-ing! Dates stuffed with light cream cheese, non-fat plain greek yogurt, and honey, and topped with walnuts, dark chocolate, and maldon sea salt!
Today’s post is sponsored by the California Walnut Board.
January, for many, means trying to make healthier choices:
- Maybe that means exercising more.
- Maybe that means taking more “me” time.
- Maybe that means making healthier food choices.
- Or maybe it’s a combination of all three!
What gets in my way every time?
I LOVE snacks (and dessert) so much, but I find it REALLY difficult to find nutritious snacks that are:
- Um, actually made with nutritious ingredients
- Quick and easy <– because who has the time for time consuming snacks?
Well, my friends, look no further, because today’s recipe: walnut and greek yogurt stuffed dates covers all of the above.
They’re nutritious, they’re SO tasty, and they’re ridiculously quick and easy.
Who’s ready to conquer the new year?!
Ingredients in walnut and greek yogurt stuffed dates:
- California Walnuts – which add good fats, protein, and nutty deliciousness!
- PSST – did you know 1 oz of walnuts has 2.5g monounsaturated fat, 13g polyunsaturated fat – including 2.5g omega-3 ALA, and 4g of protein?!
- Non fat plain greek yogurt
- Light cream cheese – juuuuust a touch to make this kinda cheese cake-y
- Vanilla extract
- Dark chocolate – optional, but I mean, is it really?
- Maldon sea salt – for those of you that like a little salty with their sweet
How to make walnut and greek yogurt stuffed dates:
- Make the filling:
- Use a hand mixer to beat together room temperature light cream cheese, non-fat plain greek yogurt, vanilla, and honey.
- Stuff the dates:
- Use a knife to make a slit into the date (remove the pit if there is one) and gently open the slit.
- Fill the date with about a teaspoon of the cream cheese filling.
- Top the filled date with a whole walnut.
- Drizzle with a little melted dark chocolate (optional).
- Drizzle with a little honey.
- Sprinkle with maldon sea salt (optional).
I actually really love these stuffed dates once they’ve had a chance to chill in the fridge.
A sweet, chewy date stuffed with a tangy cream cheese filling, topped with a hearty walnut, and drizzled in honey and maybe a little dark chocolate . . .
Bring on the snacks!
Walnut and Greek Yogurt Stuffed Dates
Equipment for this recipe
- 1/4 cup light cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup non-fat plain greek yogurt room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons honey plus more for drizzling
- 12 Medjool dates pitted and sliced in half lengthwise
- 12 California Walnuts
- Dark chocolate melted (optional for drizzling)
- Maldon sea salt optional
- Place cream cheese, greek yogurt, vanilla, and honey into a medium sized bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, beat until well combined.
- Place approximately 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture into each date.
- Top each filled date with a walnut.
- Drizzle each walnut with a touch of honey.
- Optional: drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge and eat chilled (my preference).
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.
Thanks again to our friends at the California Walnut Board for sponsoring today’s post!