This Thai Seafood Curry is a healthy flavor explosion in your mouth! Full of mixed seafood, veggies, lite coconut milk, lime juice, green curry paste, and more… it’s easy, healthy, and so darn tasty!
Thanks to Chicken of the Sea® for sponsoring today’s post and for making it so ridiculously easy to incorporate more nutrient rich seafood into our diet!
Oh. My. Yum.
This Thai Seafood Curry Recipe is my latest obsession.
It’s healthy. It’s PACKED with flavor. And it’s easy – which is amazing since I don’t often think of curries as “easy”.
This might just be one of the most flavorful recipes I’ve ever made.
And the fact that it’s healthy just blows my mind.
One of my resolutions for 2017 is to incorporate more seafood into my diet. Did you know that 2016 Dietary Guidelines advise Americans to eat 2-3 servings of seafood per week?!
It might seem daunting, but I promise you, after you taste just one bite of this Thai Seafood Curry, you’ll be BEGGING to eat seafood EVERY night of the week. 😉
Preparing seafood has always been out of my comfort zone…don’t ask me why, but I just find it super intimidating.
Luckily, we’ve been able to partner with Chicken of the Sea® multiple times since starting Show Me the Yummy (hellloooo Spicy Tuna Roll Bowl <– make it ASAP) and they’ve made seafood SO much more approachable and has honestly been one of the reasons I’ve been able to incorporate MORE into my diet. Their sustainable seafood products make is EASY to eat more seafood.
That’s why I’m so excited to be partnering with them again to bring you this ultra deeeeelish Thai Seafood Curry.
Now. This recipe DOES take a little prep and might seem like a lot of ingredients, but once you’ve got your seafood and veggies chopped and ready, this recipe comes together in jiffy!
Yeah. I said jiffy.
Let’s talk seafood first:
- Tilapia <– chop it
- Shrimp <– buy it raw, peeled, de-veined, and tails off to save yourself prep
- Chicken of the Sea® Sardines in Water <– don’t knock it ’til you’ve tried it. The sardines add SO much depth to this recipe. PLUS, it’s a convenient and healthy protein option for Brain Awareness Week. Also, chop it. 😉
Now, the veg:
- Onion <– dice it
- Red bell pepper <– slice it
- Carrot <– slice it (on the diagonal)
That’s really it for prep, you guys!
Let’s start cooking!
First, you’re going to melt coconut oil into a large stockpot (I used a straight edged saute pan in the video above 👆, which btw – you should watch 😉 ).
Once hot, add in green curry paste and your veggies. Cook it ‘up for about 5 minutes, then you’re going to stir in a whole bunch of yumminess:
- ground ginger
- red pepper flakes (optional for some heat 🔥)
- lite canned coconut milk
- lime juice
- soy sauce
- fish sauce
- brown sugar
You’ll bring that 👆 deliciousness to a simmer, then stir in all your prepped seafood.
From here, you’ll let the seafood cook for a quick couple of minutes, stir in some cilantro and peanuts, and you’re good to go!
You guys. This Thai Seafood Curry Recipe is going to be a healthy flavor explosion in your mouth. I LOVE the tender shrimp and tilapia, the depth of flavor from the Chicken of the Sea® Sardines in Water, the fresh tangy lime, the rich green curry paste, the creamy coconut milk…
I mean. I’m drooling just talking about it.
Easy. Flavorful. Healthy.
Doooooo it and #EatMoreSeafood!
PS – From now until March 15, make sure to enter Chicken of the Sea®’s #EatMoreSeafood contest for a chance to win a $100 VISA gift card or a years supply of Chicken of the Sea® Seafood! Simply enter a tip, healthy recipe, or fun seafood fact directly on their website OR use the hashtag #EatMoreSeafood on Twitter or Instagram. 🙌
Thai Seafood Curry Recipe
Equipment for this recipe
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup green curry paste
- 1/2 small yellow onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 carrot peeled and sliced on the diagonal
- 4 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1 teaspoon salt more or less to taste
- 1 (13.6) oz can lite coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (3.75 oz) package Chicken of the Sea® Sardines in Water drained and roughly chopped
- 1/2 pound shrimp raw peeled deveined tails off (about 12 medium shrimp)
- 1/2 pound tilapia cut into large chunks
- 1 cup Spinach packed
- 1/4 cup lightly salted roasted peanuts chopped + more for garnish
- 1/4 cup Cilantro chopped + more for garnish
- Melt oil in a large stockpot (or straight edged saute pan) over medium heat.
- Once melted, stir in curry paste, onion, pepper, and carrot.
- Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add in garlic, ginger, optional pepper flakes, salt, coconut milk, water, lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, and brown sugar.
- Stir to combine and bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, stir in Chicken of the Sea® Sardines in Water, shrimp, tilapia, and spinach.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until shrimp and fish are cooked to your liking (may be more or less than 5 minutes).
- Stir in peanuts and cilantro.
- Taste and re-season if necessary and serve over brown rice!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.
Thanks again to Chicken of the Sea® for making it easy to #EatMoreSeafood and Go Fish!