A twist on a Thai curry, this Roasted Red Chili Tilapia Recipe is full of tilapia in yellow curry sauce, roasted red chili paste, sweet potatoes, and coconut milk. Served over rice, this recipe is easy and full of flavor!
Today’s post is sponsored by our incredible friends at Chicken of the Sea. Thanks to them and their Sea the Possibilities Challenge, we’re living large and getting exotic in the kitchen!
Today is extra exciting, because we’re working with Chicken of the Sea and their Sea the Possibilities Challenge (see what they did there? 🙂 ). Today, we’re living large and getting exotic in the kitchen. Who’s ready?!
When Chicken of the Sea reached out to us and told Trevor and I about their Live Large, Explore More, and Sea the Possibilities Challenge, we immediately got on board.
The idea of this challenge was to get people to step out of their comfort zone in the kitchen. Whatever you find intimidating, go out there and do it!
Baking not your thing? Try a new cookie recipe.
Never really cooked? Find your restaurant favorite dish and make it at home instead!
I promise. You can do it.
For Trevor and I, exotic cooking can definitely be intimidating. Honestly, cooking with fish can be kind of intimidating, also.
For this reason, today, we’re making Roasted Red Chili Tilapia, and letmetellyou it’s amazing.
For today’s recipe, I definitely stepped out of my comfort zone.
I did this two ways:
#1: I used fish. I don’t cook with fish THAT often, because I think to get fish cooked p.e.r.f.e.c.t.l.y. is kiiiind of intimidating. Chicken of the Sea, however, made that challenge super easy to overcome with their Chicken of the Sea Tilapia Fillets in Yellow Curry Sauce.
#2: I used Roasted Red Chili Paste, when I actually intended to use Red Curry Paste. Long story short, I came home from the grocery store with what I thought was Red Curry Paste. I ended up grabbing Roasted Red Chili Paste on accident, but instead of going back to the grocery store, I decided to “live large” and make the Roasted Red Chili Paste work. 🙂
And guess what?
We’re also using fish sauce, which helllllooooo, that stuff is stinky and super exotic, therefore, intimidating to me. 😉
Although this Roasted Red Chili Tilapia Recipe was definitely taking a step out of my comfort zone (and maybe yours, too), this exotic, flavorful recipe is actually incredibly easy!
There’s really only four parts to this recipe:
- The sauce.
- The veggies.
- The tilapia.
- The finishing touches.
First up, that sauce.
Whisk together that Thai roasted red chili paste, lime juice, brown sugar, garlic, ground ginger, crushed red pepper flakes, coconut milk, vegetable broth, soy sauce, and fish sauce. That’s it!
Next up, let’s get cooking!
Heat oil over medium heat and saute some onions.
Then add in sweet potato <– sounds weird with fish curry, right? But trust me. It just works.
Once the sweet potato is added, add in that incredible sauce you just made.
Let it simmer until the sauce has thickened and the sweet potatoes are tender.
All that’s left to do is stir in the Chicken of the Sea Tilapia Fillets in Yellow Curry Sauce, spinach, cilantro, and peanuts.
Once that’s heated through, it’s time to serve it up over rice and top it with more cilantro and peanuts, because I ♡ fresh cilantro and crunchy peanuts in this.
That’s it you guys! See! That was easy.
This Roasted Red Chili Tilapia Recipe is incredibly flavorful from the yellow curry sauce, roasted red chili paste, spices, and lime juice and has crazy amounts of amazing texture from the tender, creamy sweet potatoes, flakey tilapia, and crunchy peanuts.
Your house, btw, will smell incredible all day. It’s sweet, it’s a little spicy, a little tangy, and a whole lotta yummy!
So go out and do it! Take the Live Large, Explore More, and Sea the Possibilities Challenge, because guess what? Just for entering the contest, you get $1 off any 2.5 oz Chicken of the Sea seafood pouch PLUS a chance to win $5,000!
Roasted Red Chili Tilapia Recipe
Equipment for this recipe
- 2 tablespoons Thai roasted red chili paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup regular canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or more if you want a thinner consistency
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion diced
- 1 sweet potato peeled and cubed (about 1/2 - 1 inch thick)
- 2 packages Chicken of the Sea Tilapia Fillets in Yellow Curry Sauce
- 1 cup Spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons lightly salted roasted peanuts chopped + more for topping
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro chopped + more for topping
- Whisk together red chili paste, lime juice, brown sugar, garlic, ground ginger, red pepper flakes, coconut milk, broth, soy sauce, and fish sauce. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes and the sauce.
- Stir until well-combined.
- Bring to a simmer and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cover and simmer an additional 5-10 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender and the sauce has thickened. *
- Stir in spinach, tilapia, peanuts, and cilantro and cook until spinach begins to wilt and fish has warmed through.
- Serve with rice and top with more peanuts, cilantro.
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.
Thanks again to our friends at Chicken of the Sea for sponsoring today’s post! We love getting exotic in the kitchen!