These Roasted Potatoes require just 10 minutes of prep and 8 ingredients. They’re crispy on the outside, fluffy in the middle, and make the perfect side dish for any meal!
Roasting is my all-time favorite way to prepare veggies. It’s super hands-off and the results are INCREDIBLE.
These roasted potatoes are so easy to make and so. darn. yummy. They are loaded with a delicious blend of seasonings and tossed with parmesan cheese. This really is a flavor bomb of a side dish!
I love a super simple side dish. This recipe requires very few ingredients that you probably already have on hand already!
- Potatoes – I use Little Potato Company’s Terrific Trio fresh creamer potatoes, but yukon gold potatoes will work as well, just be sure to cut them into 1/2 – 1 inch cubes.
- Yellow Onion – adds a sweet, caramel flavor.
- Olive Oil – coats the potatoes to ensure a moist center and crispy exterior. This also helps the seasonings stick.
- Garlic Powder, Paprika, Salt, and Pepper – a simple, yet delicious seasoning blend for the most flavorful potatoes.
- Grated Parmesan – adds a sharp, salty, nutty flavor.
- Cilantro and Crumbled Feta – used for garnish, if desired! The cilantro adds a wonderful fresh flavor and the feta adds a salty, creaminess.
How to make
The easiest side dish you’ll ever make with only 10 minutes of prep!
- Prep your potatoes and onion then place them evenly on your baking sheet. Toss with oil and spices until fully coated then spread evenly across the baking sheet.
- Bake, stirring halfway through.
- Sprinkle with parmesan then serve and enjoy!
How long does it take to roast potatoes?
Roast potatoes in the oven at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes for perfectly cooked potatoes. Be sure to check that they are fork-tender before removing them from the oven. If they’re still too crunchy, put them in for another couple of minutes at a time until they’re ready.
What potatoes to use
I use Little Potato Company Terrific Trio fresh creamer potatoes – this combination contains yellow, red, and blue creamer potatoes – for roasted potatoes. I love the flavor, texture, easy prep (just cut them in half!), and they look beautiful!
- Yellow creamer potato – has a buttery flavor.
- Red creamer potato – has an earthy flavor.
- Blue creamer potato – has the strongest “potato” flavor and has the most gorgeous color!
Other types of potatoes, like Yukon gold, red, or purple potatoes will work as well. If you’re using larger potatoes, cut them into 1/2 – 1 inch cubes!
Do you need to peel the potatoes?
Nope! I actually prefer not to peel the potatoes. I like the texture it provides when it’s baked. If peel isn’t your thing, however, feel free to remove it.
To remove the peel, simple wash, dry, and slice the skin off with a vegetable peeler.
This roasted potato recipe is delicious as is but if you’re feeling adventurous, here are some fun ways to play around with flavors and textures.
- Make it smoky. Use smoked paprika in place of regular paprika.
- Add some tang. Add a little bit of lemon juice.
- Make it Mexican-Inspired. Toss with taco seasoning instead.
- Use another cheese. Try asiago, romano, etc.
- Toss in other veggies. Try out this roasted potatoes and green beans recipe.
- Add nuts. Toss your cooked potatoes with some crushed pecans for some extra crunch.
- Brighten it up. Toss the cooked potatoes with your favorite fresh herb like basil, cilantro, or parsley!
What to serve with roasted potatoes
These roasted potatoes really pair well with most entrees, but here are some of my favorites!
How to store
Leftover roasted potatoes will last in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
If frozen, let thaw in the fridge then reheat in the microwave or oven.
Equipment for this recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds Little Potato Company Terrific Trio fresh creamer potatoes* halved
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt plus more to taste, if necessary
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- cilantro and crumbled feta optional, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- Place potatoes and onion onto baking sheet and toss with oil and spices until fully coated.
- Spread out in an even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender, stirring halfway through.
- Sprinkle with parmesan, then taste and re-season if necessary.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.