Roasted Butternut Squash Bruschetta. Chewy baguette topped with goat cheese, arugula, roasted butternut squash and tomatoes!
What I DON’T love, is that people tend to just eat bruschetta in the summer.
Which makes sense.
Because most of the time, bruschetta is full of juicy, ripe tomatoes, fresh basil and all those yummy summer-y flavors we all love.
But I had a craving for bruschetta.
And it’s fall.
Enter: Roasted Butternut Squash Bruschetta.
I MAY like this more than traditional bruschetta.
You guys, Bienvenue à Montréal!
(Welcome to Montreal)!
Trevor and I have been on the road for about two months and still going strong (if you have no idea what I’m talking about – you can read New Car, New Adventure if you’d like – but basically, we’re on a year long road trip around the US and Canada)!
In those two months, we’ve gone from Madison to Chicago, Indianapolis, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Niagara Falls, Toronto, and now . . .
We’re absolutely loving it. It’s a lot of working traveling full time while also working on Show Me the Yummy full time, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything.
Obviously, one of the main things I do for Show Me the Yummy is develop all the recipes! I come up with an idea, write down a general “recipe” of what I *think/hope/pray* will work ;), and then I head to the grocery store . . .
We’re currently in Montreal.
The primary language is French – I speak a little, but not enough to hold a conversation – and everything is listed in liters and grams, instead of ounces and pounds.
Let’s just say I was mildly panicking while at the grocery store here. 😉
But I made it out alive and rewarded myself with a batch of this ah-mazing Roasted Butternut Squash Bruschetta.
Baguette —> goat cheese —> arugula —> walnuts —> butternut deliciousness.
The butternut deliciousness – more specially – is roasted grape tomatoes and butternut squash that have been tossed in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup (when in Canada!), minced garlic, pepper, rosemary, thyme, and salt.
This Roasted Butternut Squash Bruschetta is relatively quick to whip up and it’s SUPER easy and delish.
Chewy bread, tangy goat cheese (you could totally use cream cheese if you’re not a goat fan), peppery arugula, sweet, cozy, butter-y squash . . .
It’s fall bruschetta PERFECTION!
This would make a great, light Meatless Monday dinner, an amazing holiday appetizer, an easy, elegant game day treat . . .
Roasted Butternut Squash Bruschetta for life.
Roasted Butternut Squash Bruschetta Recipe
Equipment for this recipe
- 1/2 pound grape tomatoes halved
- 1 pound butternut squash peeled de-seeded and cubed into 1/4-1/2 in chunks
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt more to taste
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- goat cheese
- baguette sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- Place tomatoes and squash onto prepared baking sheet and toss with oil, vinegar, maple syrup, garlic, pepper, rosemary, thyme, and salt.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-30 minutes, mixing every 10 minutes, until squash is tender.
- Remove from oven and toss in walnuts.
- Cool slightly before assembling.
- Taste and re-season, if necessary.
- Take a piece of sliced baguette and spread on goat cheese. Top with arugula and then butternut mixture.
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.