This Strawberry Goat Cheese Bruschetta is my new favorite appetizer. Slightly chewy bruschetta is topped with creamy goat cheese, peppery arugula, juicy strawberries, and earthy basil!
Ohhh my gosh. This Strawberry Goat Cheese Bruschetta is my new favorite appetizer. Slightly chewy bruschetta (or I guess ours was really chewy if you check out our video below, ha!) is topped with creamy goat cheese, peppery arugula, juicy strawberries, and earthy basil.
Trevor and I have gone through way too many pints of strawberries and baguettes, because we just can’t stop making it!
Other than being insanely delicious, this Strawberry Goat Cheese Bruschetta is perfect for Meatless Monday, and is in-SANELY easy to make.
Check out our video and you’ll see just how easy (and yummy) it really is!
As I said, this Strawberry Goat Cheese Bruschetta is SO simple to make which is perfect because it tastes so darn good that I want to make it all the time.
Trevor and I have eaten this as a light, summery meal and as an appetizer to homemade pizza. Which, btw, was also delicious…we used this homemade pizza dough, and topped it with fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. H.E.A.V.E.N.
You probably know by now that I’m a huge fan of bruschetta. There’s nothing better than toasty bruschetta topped with fresh ingredients. I’ve already made a Sun Dried and Roma Tomato Bruschetta, so of course, I haaaad to put a twist on today’s recipe.
Typically, bruschetta is made of tomatoes, mozzarella, and fresh basil.
Instead of tomatoes, I use fresh strawberries in today’s recipe! To take the strawberries really over the top, I macerate (I love that word… basically it means to soak the fruit in a liquid) them in a little balsamic vinegar and honey.
Then, instead of the mozzarella, I use my all time favorite cheese – goat cheese.
It’s creamy, it’s tangy, and it goes really well with the honey sweetened strawberries.
Last but not least the fresh basil. I left that one alone. 🙂 You just can’t have bruschetta without the basil, in my opinion! I did, however, add arugula, because it’s my favorite green, it adds such a nice, peppery flavor and just a liiiiittle crunch for texture.
Picture this with me: it’s a hot summer day and you’ve got friends coming over… instead of slaving (and sweating 😉 ) away on some crazy, complicated appetizer/snack… you simply toast baguette slices in the broiler, spread on some yummy goat cheese, top it with fresh arugula, honey and balsamic soaked strawberries, and chopped basil… and then…
You’re done! AND have some ammmmazing Strawberry Goat Cheese Bruschetta!
Impressive? Ohhhh yea.
Now you can sit outside with friends, soak up the warm weather and
maybe definitely enjoy a glass of this Watermelon Sangria.
What’s your favorite summer recipe?
- 1/2 pint strawberries sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 12 slices baguette cut 1/2 in thick
- olive oil for drizzling
- 1 (4 oz) log goat cheese softened
- 24 leaves of arugula two per slice
- Fresh basil minced
- Mix together balsamic vinegar and honey together until well combined.
- Place strawberry slices into the mixture and then let sit in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat broiler (mine is at 500 degrees F) for about 5 minutes.
- Places slices of baguette on a rimmed baking sheet and lightly drizzle with oil.
- Broil for about 60 seconds, or until the baguette pieces are lightly browned.
- Let cool slightly before spreading each piece with goat cheese.
- Top each baguette with 2 leaves of arugula.
- Evenly spoon the strawberries over the arugula.
- Top with freshly minced basil.
- Serve immediately!
* This was about 1/2 a baguette for us.
This recipe can easily be doubled!