This Strawberry Baked Brie is the easiest appetizer for spring! Warm brie is topped with strawberries, basil, pecans, & a simple balsamic/honey marinade.
We’re celebrating Meatless Monday with the best, the gooey-est, the cheesiest, the spring-y-est Strawberry Baked Brie Recipe. 😍 You guys. Not only is this Strawberry Baked Brie cheesy and delicious, it’s also ridiculously quick and easy to make.
This baked brie will now be your go-to spring appetizer for
entertaining everything, because
#1: It’s impressive
#2: It’s so delicious
#3: It’s so easy to put together
I’ve always been a fan of baked brie, but every time I’ve had it, it’s been wrapped in a crescent roll (so good) and served at holidays. Today, I wanted to bring you guys one of my favorite appetizers with a fresh, spring twist!
A whole wheel of brie is baked to gooey perfection, then topped with fresh strawberries, basil, pecans, and more!
Best spring appetizer ever? Ummm. Yeah!!
I don’t know about you guys, but I could really use a fresh, bright appetizer like this Strawberry Baked Brie right about now. It’s been kiiiiiind of rainy and dreary lately.
No worries, though, because even when it’s dark and cold outside, you KNOW I’m gonna be keepin’ things bright and fresh with this baked brie.
Now I know a baked brie doesn’t necessarily scream “light and fresh”, but you guys, I’m tellin’ you, with juicy strawberries and fresh, earthy basil. . . it totally is.
This Strawberry Baked Brie is a twist on my all time favorite recipe: Strawberry Goat Cheese Bruschetta. The main differences:
- We’re using brie instead of goat cheese – because, I mean, who can resist warm, gooey brie? PS – I was at the grocery store the other day and saw a Triple Creme Goat Brie <– yeah. That would be amazing for this recipe.
- The addition of toasted pecans – they seriously add an amazing crunch.
- We’re using crackers instead of a baguette. Why? Because I’ve been obsessed with Keebler Town House Flatbread Crisps and I literally can’t stop eating them. No, this isn’t a sponsored post, I’m just super addicted. 😉
This Strawberry Baked Brie comes together in a matter of minutes and requires so few steps that this is a great anytime appetizer. There are really only two components to this recipe: the strawberry topping and the brie.
For the strawberry topping all you need to do is combine sliced strawberries with balsamic vinegar, honey, basil, and toasted pecans in a bowl. Seriously, that’s it.
The brie is even easier. Place the brie on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake it for about 15 minutes.
Again. Seriously, that’s it.
Once everything is ready, place the strawberry mixture on to the brie and serve with crackers!
This Strawberry Baked Brie is probably the easiest appetizer I’ve ever made and honestly one of the best! Warm, gooey brie is topped with bright, juicy strawberries, fresh basil, crunchy pecans, and a simple balsamic/honey marinade.
Easy. Elegant. Delicious.
What’s your favorite spring appetizer? Show me the yummy!
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 pint strawberries sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil minced
- 1/3 cup pecans toasted* and roughly chopped
- 1 (8 oz) round Brie cheese **
- Crackers or sliced toasted baguette for serving!
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together balsamic vinegar and honey together until well combined.
- Place the sliced strawberries into the mixture, stir to coat the strawberries, and let sit in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper and place cheese in center.
- Bake on middle rack until cheese feels very soft when pressed, about 15 minutes.
- Remove strawberries from fridge and stir in fresh basil and pecans.
- Top brie with strawberry mixture and serve immediately with crackers or toasted baguette slices!
*To toast your pecans: Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. On an unlined baking sheet, spread pecans in an even layer. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool.
** The strawberry mixture probably makes enough for 2 wheels of brie, so feel free to heat up 2 wheels OR use the leftover strawberry mixture on my strawberry goat cheese bruschetta!