A twist on a classic, this Cherry Bruschetta is the perfect holiday appetizer. Full of sweet dark cherries, pecans, rosemary, thyme, and pinot noir, it comes together in minutes and is paired with a chewy baguette and tangy goat cheese!
This Cherry Bruschetta Recipe is sponsored by our amazing friends at Barefoot Wine & Bubbly. We seriously <3 them.
Two words: Cherry. Bruschetta.
Four words: Cherry. Bruschetta. Goat Cheese.
One word: OMG. 🎉 🎉 🎉
You guys. This Cherry Bruschetta is like a holiday party in your mouth.
With the holidays right around the corner, I start looking for recipes that are
One of my favorite things about the holiday season are the parties and one of my favorite things about parties is the food – more specifically the snacks/apps/desserts.
Today, I have for you what’s going to be your latest go-to holiday appetizer: Cherry Bruschetta. Perfectly enough, it fits all my criteria for holiday recipes: cozy, easy, and delicious!
If you’ve ever met me, I’ve probably expressed my love for all things goat cheese and bruschetta at least once, but probably twice. 😉 During the summer months, I LOVE going to our local pub, sitting out on the patio to enjoy their goat cheese and cherry tomato bruschetta.
Now that tomato season is over, I’ve been needing to figure out a new twist on my beloved tomato bruschetta.
Enter: Cherry Bruschetta.
Thanks to Barefoot Wine & Bubbly for inspiring today’s recipe with their Pinot Noir which is described as “…silky, smooth, and spicy! Dark cherry and wild raspberry get their groove on next to a brown spice aroma.”
Once I saw “dark cherry”, I knew exactly what I wanted to make.
Here’s what you’re gonna do…
Start by melting butter in a large skillet. Once melted, stir in finely minced onions. Let ’em cook until they’re nice and soft and then you’ll stir in sweet dark cherries (I used frozen that I then thawed and drained), pecans for some crunch, salt, and dried thyme and rosemary – hellllooooo fall flavors.
This mixture cooks down for a bit and after a few minutes you’ll stir in the Barefoot Pinot Noir and granulated sugar.
Cook a few more minutes and you’re almost done with the BEST fall appetizer.
You’ll remove the mixture from the heat, slather some goat cheese onto a baguette piece, and load on the cherry mixture.
The result is amazing. Super chewy bread, smothered in tangy creamy goat cheese, and topped with a sweet, crunchy, holiday flavored cherry compote.
You guys. Because of the cozy red wine and the thyme and rosemary, I’m telling you, it’s a holiday party in your mouth.
I KNOW you’re gonna love it as much as I do, and BONUS, it only takes minutes to make…
and devour. 😉
Cherry Bruschetta Recipe
Equipment for this recipe
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced yellow onion
- 2 cups frozen sweet cherries thawed, drained, kept whole
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 cup Barefoot Pinot Noir
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- goat cheese
- Sliced baguette
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook about 2 minutes, or until they start to soften.
- Add cherries, pecans, and spices and stir everything to combine. Turn the heat down to medium and cook until the cherries are soft, about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Breaking up some of the cherries as you go.
- Stir in the wine and sugar.
- Simmer until the cherries the liquid cooks down to a syrupy texture, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Take a slice of baguette, slather on goat cheese, and top with a spoonful of cherry compote!
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.
Thanks again to Barefoot Wine & Bubbly for sponsoring today’s post!