These Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Cookies only contain 8 ingredients: peanut butter, cream cheese, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla, egg, baking soda, and salt! Ultra chewy, moist, and peanut butter-y! Perfect with a sprinkle of sea salt or melted dark chocolate.
Peanut butter cream cheese cookies.
I went there.
This recipe came to be, because I COMPLETELY botched another recipe I was testing.
I had already softened a block of cream cheese softened to room temperature and I just couldn’t let it go to waste, so I thought, “what dessert can I make with a block of softened cream cheese”
- Cheesecake? Nah. Too complicated for today.
- Brownies? Nope.
- Bars? Hmmmm.
Yes. Definitely cookies.
Here’s the kicker though. I didn’t have any flour, so I needed to make these peanut butter cream cheese cookies flourless, which honestly, is great for all you gluten free readers!
These cookies were a totally gamble, but I gotta say, I totally hit the jackpot!
These peanut butter cream cheese cookies are amazing for so many different reasons:
- They’re SO moist, fluffy, chewy, dense, UGH!!!!!! Yum
- They’re perfectly peanut butter-y
- They’re crazy quick and easy to whip up
What makes a cookie chewy?
High moisture ingredients like peanut butter, cream cheese, eggs, and brown sugar keep these cookies insanely moist and chewy.
What are the ingredients for peanut butter cream cheese cookies?
- Peanut butter <– number one most important ingredient. I use Jif in today’s recipe.
- Cream cheese <– make sure it’s softened to room temperature for the best incorporation
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Baking soda
How do you make cookies stay soft?
These cookies actually have the opposite problem and get TOO soft if stored incorrectly, ha! I tried keeping these at room temperature, but they were actually too moist after just one night. These cookies must be stored in the fridge (or even freezer) for them to maintain that perfect, chewy, soft but not too soft, texture.
How do you make peanut butter cream cheese cookies?
These are literally the easiest cookies. Ever.
Oh! I also highly recommend sprinkling these with maldon sea salt after they’re done baking. You can’t go wrong with a little salt to contrast a sweet, peanut butter-y cookie. 🙂
Oh #2! You can also dip these in a little melted dark chocolate if you’re into that kinda thing. I honestly can’t decide if these are better with or without chocolate. You really can’t go wrong.
An ultra peanut butter-y, super soft, moist, chewy, and delicious cookie . . .
Pass the milk and gimme all the cookies!
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Cookies
Equipment for this recipe
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Maldon sea salt optional for sprinkling
- Melted dark chocolate optional for dipping/drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- Place peanut butter, cream cheese, sugars, vanilla, egg, baking soda, and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix until well combined.
- Optional - chill dough in fridge until ready to bake.
- Use a large cookie scoop to cookie the batter onto the prepared baking sheet, baking 8 at a time.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and top with optional maldon sea salt.
- Cool before drizzling/dunking in optional melted chocolate.
- Cool completely before storing leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.