An ultra tender cake with slightly crisp edges and a perfectly white chocolate lemon-y molten lava gooey center, this Lemon Lava Cake is surprisingly simple to make and is in other words: heaven. 😉
Ok. There are a lot of recipes that I think you should make, but I’m seriously, seriously, SERIOUSLY loving this Lemon Lava Cake right now.
Watch the video below and you’ll see why.
It’s ooey. It’s gooey. It’s decadent without being too heavy. It’s lemony, chocolatey, sweet, melty perfection and I can’t stop drooling about it.
And guess what else? It’s actually easy to make! 😱 😍
Lemon Lava Cake Recipe
Equipment for this recipe
- 8 ounces white chocolate
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and butter the cavities of a 6 cavity jumbo muffin tin.*
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt white chocolate and butter together. It should only take 60 seconds in the microwave.
- Once melted, whisk in sugar, eggs, yolks, vanilla, lemon, and lemon zest until the ingredients are fully combined.
- Using a spatula, gently stir in flour and salt. Don't overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes (mine were perfect at 15).
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Run a knife along the sides of the cakes.
- Place a baking sheet on top of the muffin pan and flip them. The cakes should pop out.
- Top with more powdered sugar, whipped cream, fruit, ice cream, etc and serve immediately!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.