These Peanut Butter Salted Caramel Cookies are made of a simple peanut butter dough, studded with M&Ms, white chocolate chips, and salty pretzels. To make these even more decadent, they get stuffed with rolos!
I have a confession to make. I, Jennifer, am seriously in love, going crazy for, absolutely obsessed with these peanut butter salted caramel cookies. Let me break it down for you –> warm peanut buttery cookies studded with melty M&Ms, creamy white chocolate chips, and salty pretzels are stuffed with ooey-gooey caramel-y rolos.
Please tell me I’m not the only one drooling right now.
Let’s just say…Trevor and I did a lot of “recipe testing” for these cookies and no, we didn’t share the first few batches with our neighbors… sorry guys! 🙈
Cookie recipe development around here usually goes something like this:
Trevor and I will have finished our dinner and one of us *hint: not me* will get a hankering for something warm, sweet, and gooey. Ok fine. It’s totally me.
Warm, sweet, gooey = cookies, of course.
We had a g-i-g-a-n-t-i-c bag of M&Ms from when we made our apartment complex Monster Cookies, so naturally we needed to make M&M cookies.
I couldn’t just stop there, of course, because peanut butter should always be involved when we’re talkin’ M&M cookies. I didn’t have chocolate chips, but I diiiid have white chocolate chips…so, why not? Let’s just throw some in! They’re soooo creamy.
Last, but not least, I wanted something salty and crunchy. Pretzels? Yes please! Trevor didn’t even fight me on it (he hates pretzels…don’t worry, we’re workin’ on it).
So far, we’ve got a peanut butter cookie with M&Ms, white chocolate, and pretzels.
Sounds pretty darn decadent. We’re done now, right?
I wanted something ooey-gooey in there. We already had the peanut buttery perfection for the base of the cookie, melty, yet slightly crispy crunch from the M&Ms, creamy from the white chocolate, and salty/crunchy from the pretzels, but where’s my OOEY-GOOEY?!
I needed caramel. And Trevor, more specifically, requested rolos.
If you’re not drooling yet, then we can’t be friends 😉 , because honestly, these peanut butter salted caramel cookies taste even better than the sound.
After we made the dough, stirred in the mix-ins and stuffed it with a rolo… these got baked to a nice g.o.l.d.e.n. perfection.
What came out were the best, warm peanut-buttery cookies with M&Ms, white chocolate chips, pretzels, and caramel.
Um. Yeah. Count me in.
Oh…could someone pass the milk? 🙂
PS – We used this cookie scoop.
If you 💙 these cookies, you might also like these:
Show me the yummy!
Peanut Butter Salted Caramel Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup M&M's
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup crushed pretzels
- 18 unwrapped Rolos**
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- Cream together butter, peanut butter, both sugars, egg, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Once well combined, stir in M&Ms, white chocolate chips, and crushed pretzels.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out the cookies.
- Using your thumb, make a well in the middle of each cookie. The "well" should be deep enough to stuff a rolo in it.
- Place a rolo in the well and pinch the edges together.*
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 10-15 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned.
- They may look slightly under baked.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 3-5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to finish cooling.
- These are best served warm.
**You could also use Kraft Caramels, Trevor thought the caramel was too chewy, but I loved it!
*Note: Nutritional information is estimated and varies based on products used.