No Churn Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Recipe. You know you want some! The BEST homemade edible cookie dough (no eggs, no flour) is folded into a fluffy no churn ice cream base and drizzled with hot fudge! No ice cream machine required.
No churn ice cream is literally my favorite thing ever. If you agree, you’ll also love these no churn yummies: roasted s’mores ice cream, moscato ice cream, mint oreo ice cream, pineapple upside down cake ice cream, pumpkin ice cream!
No churn chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.
You know you want some.
There are two parts to today’s recipe:
- The cookie dough. It’s homemade <– yum. It’s easy <– yes please! It’s TOTALLY safe to eat it raw <– aka no eggs or flour, woo!
- The no churn ice cream. 5 ingredients. Are you kidding me?!?!
This no churn chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream is literally too easy and delicious to not make, plus, helllooooo it’s basically the best summer treat. Ever.
If you have a few minutes and a few ingredients on your hands, then let’s go make some ice cream!
First things, first. The cookie dough.
Is there raw cookie dough in ice cream?
There is! YUM. But don’t run away yet, because it’s TOTALLY safe to eat. There are NO eggs and NO flour. Instead, we use homemade ground oats (no worries it’s super quick and easy to make).
We’re using my edible eggless cookie dough recipe for today and it’s legit.
Can you bake the dough in cookie dough ice cream?
Honestly, I wouldn’t. I can’t say from experience, but I’m guessing the lack of eggs and baking soda is probably going to leave you with some pretty funky cookies.
What are the ingredients in cookie dough ice cream?
- Sugar (brown and granulated)
- Oats (trust me)
- Chocolate chips
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Heavy whipping cream
- Hot fudge <3
How do you make cookie dough ice cream?
- Make the cookie dough.
- Form it into a log (see video) and wrap it in saran wrap.
- Freeze until firm – about 30 minutes to an hour, then cut into big chunks. Set aside.
- Stir together condensed milk, butter, and vanilla. Set aside.
- Whip heavy cream, using your hand mixer, until heavy peaks have formed.
- Stir whipped cream into condensed milk base.
- Fold in cookie dough.
- Dump half into a large airtight container, top with hot fudge, dump in remaining ice cream.
Who knew that this classic ice cream flavor would be SO darn easy to make at home?!
I love this no churn chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream for so many reasons, I mean . . .
- It’s obviously so quick and easy to make.
- It’s sooooo fluffy and creamy.
- It’s filled with the most perfect edible cookie dough.
- It’s customizable – want more cookie dough chunks? Go for it! Want less . . . who are you?! 😉
- It’s fun! Eat it as is with a spoon, in a cone, or go crazy and turn this into the most epic cookie dough ice cream cookie sandwich!
Skip the long ice cream lines this summer and always have your freezer stocked with the best, the easiest, the tastiest, the fluffiest . . .
no churn chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream!
Do you want more no churn ice cream recipes? There’s SO easy and delish! Show Me the Yummy!
- 1 batch edible eggless cookie dough you’ll only use half for this recipe, about 2 cups once frozen and cut into chunks
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream chilled in fridge
- 1/2 cup hot fudge melted and cooled slightly
- Make cookie dough.
- Dump cookie dough out onto a large piece of saran wrap.
- Fold saran wrap up and over the cookie dough and form into a log, making sure the cookie dough is fully covered (see video for visuals).
- Place in freezer until firm, about an hour.
- Remove from freezer and cut the cookie dough log in half.
- Cut half the cookie dough into chunks, place the remaining half back in the freezer (you can use this for another time). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together milk, butter, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream with a hand mixer, until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the milk/butter/vanilla base.
- Fold in the cookie dough chunks.
- Pour half of the ice cream into a large airtight container.
- Drizzle with hot fudge, swirl it in with a knife, and top with remaining ice cream.
- Optional: drizzle on a little extra fudge and top with more cookie dough chunks.
- Seal container and place in freezer until firm, I’d recommend overnight.
- Serve and enjoy!
* This post contains affiliate links. We receive a commission on purchases made via these links. The price you pay is not affected by using them.