This Loaded Queso Recipe is full of cheese, tomatoes, black beans, corn, chiles, taco seasonings, and more! Easy. Cheesy. Gluten Free. Delicious!
Thanks to Red Gold Tomatoes for sponsoring today’s post. This year, game day celebrations will be easier than ever!
Just when you thought queso couldn’t possibly get better (hello. it’s melted cheese), I decided to take it one step further and make . . .
It tastes like heaven.
Classic easy, cheesy queso packed with all the goodies: black beans, tomatoes, corn, green chiles, and more!
Who’s ready to get their dip on?!
Let’s be real. We all know there’s a big football game coming up.
Let’s be real. I don’t care about football.
Let me re-phrase, I don’t care about WATCHING football.
I DO care . . . about the football SNACKS. 🙂
And for that, I DO care about football, because, I mean, is there anything better than football snacks?!
I don’t think so.
My contribution this year, is going to be this loaded queso recipe.
- Makes a ton
- Crowd favorite
You’ll start by melting butter in a large saucepan.
Once that’s melted, you’ll whisk in a little cornstarch. I’m using cornstarch today to
- Keep this gluten free (I like bringing recipes to parties that vegetarians and gluten free peeps can enjoy!)
- Thicken this queso up just a bit
From there, you’ll slowly whisk in some evaporated milk (NOT sweetened condensed milk lol). You could also use “regular” milk, but I like the subtle sweetness from the evaporated milk.
Next, the cheeeeeeese. Whisk in monterey jack and cheddar a little at a time untill it’s smooooooth and delicious.
Lastly: the mix-ins!
- Red Gold Tomatoes: Petite Diced Tomatoes with Lime Juice and Cilantro <– you guys, I LOVE them. All of their tomatoes are sustainably grown on Midwest family farms, which I particularly <3, because I grew up in Midwest. Plus, their tomatoes are high quality, fresh, and seriously the best-tasting tomatoes!
- Black beans
- Jalapenos or green chiles <– depends on if you want this spicy or not!
- Taco seasoning <– remember, we’re keeping this e.a.s.y. today
- Lime juice
- Greek yogurt <– gives this a little extra creaminess and a little extra tang – YUM!
And THAT my friends, is how you make loaded queso.
Serve it up with a load of crunchy tortilla chips and I PROMISE you’ll be the MVP of any party. 😉
Creamy, cheesy, and fun of flavor and textures . . .
Gimme some chips and bring oooooon the loaded queso!
Equipment for this recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (16 oz) can evaporated skim milk or 2 cups “regular” milk
- 1 (8 oz) block monterey jack shredded, or pepperjack for more flavor/spice
- 1 (8 oz) block sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup non fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Red Gold Tomatoes: Petite Diced Tomatoes with Lime Juice and Cilantro drained
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can corn drained
- 1 (4 oz) can green chiles drained or jalapeños for spice
- 2 (1.25 oz )packets taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon lime juice or more to taste
- salt to taste
- Cilantro for topping
- Green onions for topping
- Tortilla chips for serving
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Once melted, whisk in cornstarch. Cook for one minute, stirring continually. While whisking, slowly pour in evaporated milk.
- Turn heat to medium-low and add in half of the cheese, stirring continually. After the cheese is incorporated, stir in the other half of the cheese.
- Once all the cheese has melted, stir in greek yogurt, tomatoes, black beans, corn, chiles, taco seasonings, and lime juice.
- Taste and re-season, if necessary.
- Serve with cilantro, green onions, and tortilla chips!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.
Thanks again to Red Gold Tomatoes for sponsoring today’s post!