This Loaded Queso Recipe is full of cheese, tomatoes, black beans, corn, chiles, taco seasonings, and more! Easy. Cheesy. Gluten Free. Delicious!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 12 people
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (16 oz) can evaporated skim milk or 2 cups “regular” milk
- 1 (8 oz) block monterey jack shredded, or pepperjack for more flavor/spice
- 1 (8 oz) block sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup non fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Red Gold Tomatoes: Petite Diced Tomatoes with Lime Juice and Cilantro drained
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can corn drained
- 1 (4 oz) can green chiles drained or jalapeños for spice
- 2 (1.25 oz )packets taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon lime juice or more to taste
- salt to taste
- Cilantro for topping
- Green onions for topping
- Tortilla chips for serving
In a large sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
Once melted, whisk in cornstarch. Cook for one minute, stirring continually.
While whisking, slowly pour in evaporated milk.
Turn heat to medium-low and add in half of the cheese, stirring continually.
After the cheese is incorporated, stir in the other half of the cheese.
Once all the cheese has melted, stir in greek yogurt, tomatoes, black beans, corn, chiles, taco seasonings, and lime juice.
Taste and re-season, if necessary.
Serve with cilantro, green onions, and tortilla chips!
Calories: 322kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 918mg | Potassium: 444mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1250IU | Vitamin C: 8.4mg | Calcium: 416mg | Iron: 2.2mg