This homemade italian dressing recipe takes minutes to whip up and is SO versatile. Loaded with olive oil, vinegar, a touch of honey, parmesan cheese, and loads of spices, this dressing is healthy AND delicious.
What’s your favorite time of year for cooking? While I absolutely love the cozy comforts of fall and winter foods, I’m all about summer recipes.
There’s just nothing better than fresh, crunchy, bright, light, tangy ingredients . . . and bonus: summer recipes aren’t only delicious, they’re typically also nutritious!
- The downside? Sometimes it’s toooo darn hot to cook.
- The solution? Cold salads!
- Today’s recipe? Homemade Italian dressing.
This homemade dressing tastes better than store bought, is healthier than store bought, and is *almost* as easy as running to the store to grab a bottle. 😉
You’re gonna love it.
While this dressing is absolutely perfect for salads, there are SO many different ways to use this homemade italian dressing.
How to use Italian dressing:
- As a dressing for green salads – this one is obvious right? 😉
- As a marinade for chicken, kebabs, veggies, etc.
- As a dressing for pasta salad – my fave
How would YOU use Italian dressing?
Now that we know ways to USE it . . .
How To Make Italian Dressing:
- Place oil, vinegar, honey, parmesan, and spices into a mason jar.
- Seal the lid.
- Shake until well combined.
What kind of oil do you use for Italian dressing?
I love using olive oil to make this dressing. You can’t beat the flavor!
How long does homemade Italian dressing last? How do you store homemade Italian dressing?
Store the dressing in a sealed, airtight container in the fridge for up to a week!
Is Italian Dressing bad?
It certainly can be, but this Italian dressing is healthy! Most dressings will call for more oil than vinegar, but today, we’re using equal amounts. This lowers the fat and calories, but regardless, I prefer the more tangy flavor.
We also use a touch of honey and parmesan, but load up the herbs for maximum flavor. So, overall, I would say this homemade dressing is totally healthy!
Quick, easy, tangy, herb-y, a little sharp from the parmesan, and overall delicious. I just know you’re absolutely going to LOVE this versatile dressing recipe.
What other homemade salad dressings should I make? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Place olive oil, vinegar, honey, parmesan, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, basil, pepper, thyme, and red pepper flakes into a mason jar, blender, or food processor.
- Seal and shake or blend until well combined.
- Taste and re-season if necessary.
- Use immediately.
- Store leftovers in a sealed airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Let come to room temperature before serving.
* This post contains affiliate links. We receive a commission on purchases made via these links. The price you pay is not affected by using them.