One Pot Lasagna. All your favorite lasagna flavors: Italian sausage, spices, tomatoes, red wine, and cheese, but made quicker, easier, and less messy in ONE pot!
You guys have been requesting an easy lasagna recipe, so I took that idea and completely ran with it to make this ultra cheesy, ultra easy:
One Pot Lasagna Recipe.
It’s everything you LOVE about lasagna, but made ultra convenient, because you cook everything in one dish!
No pre-boiling noodles, no making separate layers, no dirtying one THOUSAND dishes . . .
It’s genius, because I LOVE lasagna, but I never ever ever make it, because
I already told.
Pre-boiling noodles. Making the meat sauce. Making the cheese mixture. Assembling the layers. Dirtying a million dishes. THEN baking everything.
There’s definitely a time and a place for that
is not one of those days. 😉
Instead, let me tell you about how EASY this One Pot Lasagna Recipe is.
You’ll start by cooking some sweet Italian sausage, ground beef, onion, garlic, and spices: basil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper in a large stockpot.
Once the meat is cooked through, you’ll stir in some crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, red wine, wine, and broken lasagna noodles.
Bring this to a simmer and simmer for about 16 minutes, until the noodles are tender and the sauce has thickened.
Then you’ll stir in a whooooooole lotta cheese: mozzarella, parmesan, and ricotta.
I mean. Come OOOOOON. All those amazing lasagna flavors made easy in one pot?
I will tell you, this One Pot Lasagna will NOT win any beauty awards. But if you really think about it, once “classic” lasagna comes out of the baking dish, it pretty much looks just like a pile of noodles of sauce anyway. 😉
I love that you still get all the lasagna flavors you love: Italian sausage, spices, tomatoes, red wine, and cheese, but made quicker, easier, and less messy in ONE pot!
One Pot Lasagna.
I’ll love you forever.
What dish should I make into a one pot wonder next? Show Me the Yummy!
One Pot Lasagna Recipe
- 1/2 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup Red wine
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound lasagna noodles broken into pieces (quartered)
- 1 (8 oz) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- Heat a large stockpot over medium/medium-high heat.
- Add sausage, beef, onions, garlic, and spices and cook together until meat has cooked through, breaking it up as you go along.
- Once cooked, stir in tomatoes, sauce, red wine, water, and noodles.
- Bring to a simmer, and simmer for 16-18 minutes, or until noodles are tender. Stir very regularly to prevent burning.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheeses.
- Once cheeses are melted, taste and re-season, if necessary and serve!
*Note: Nutritional information is estimated and varies based on products used.